𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

∽☂ ∽

"𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓..."

∽☂ ∽

"𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, it seems kinda off." Y/n suggested. She was sitting on Five's desk while he was standing on his bed and writing calculations on the wall with chalk.

"Let me check..."He looked closer, did the math in his head, and fixed it."Thanks."

"No problem. So, I think we've got something, Delores." Y/n stood up from her desk and walked closer to Five while looking at Delores.

Five stopped writing and slightly smiled and nodded at Y/n. She put her hand on her hip and the other on the frame of the bed leaning on it.

"Yeah, it's tenuous but promising." Five still went over everything he wrote on the wall. But then Y/n heard some footsteps. She turned around and saw Luther standing there in the doorway.

"What is all this?" He asked looking at all of the equations and calculations on the wall.

"It's a probability map." Y/n explained pointing at it and Luther looked at her confused.

"Probability of what?" He walked closer to the bed.

"Of whose death could save the world." Five turned his head towards Luther but didn't look him in the eye."We've narrowed it down to four."

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asked pointing at the wall.

"No, we're saying that their death might prevent it." Five turned around once again and looked at Luther before turning around and calculating again. He was afraid that he would miss something again since the last time he did, he and Y/n ended up in these bodies.

"Oh." Luther continued to watch Five do all of the work while Y/n also was calculating everything in her mind."I'm not following."

Y/n rolled her eyes at that but Five wanted to explain.

"Time is fickle, Luther." He turned around and began talking and using his hands."The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum."

"The butterfly effect." Y/n and Five said in unison. She was looking at the ground thinking while Five nodded. Luther also nodded and Five turned around to look at the wall again.

"So all we have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they may be, and kill them." Five jumped off the bed and picked up Vanya's book to write the stuff in it.

Luther walked past Y/n and to the wall while she walked to Five looking at what he was writing in the book.

"Milton Green. So who's he, a terrorist or something?" Luther read the name and asked Five.

"We believe he is a gardener." Y/n crossed her arms.

Luther looked at the pair in shock."You can't be serious. Wait, this is madness, you guys. You-" Then Five picked up a gun which was put in a bag. Y/n opened the bag for him while Luther was just in more shock."Wh-where'd you get that?"

"In dad's room." Y/n unzipped the bag and looked up at Luther.

"Yeah, I think he used it to shoot a rhinoceros." Five picked up the gun and examined it."It's similar to the model we used at work." Five looked at Y/n but she just scoffed."Nice shoulder fit and highly reliable."

"But you can't- this guy Milton is just an innocent man." Luther pointed at the wall where the name was written.

"It's basic math, Luther." Y/n answered for Five and the both of them looked at her."His death could potentially save the lives of billions. If we did nothing, he'd be dead in four days anyway. The apocalypse won't spare anyone."

"But, Y/n, you hated working for the commission without your consent so why are you doing this?" Luther asked but Five just looked at her confused with a look that said "You told him everything?".

Y/n waited for about 3 seconds before she responded."I am doing this because no matter everything that happened in my life, I am still Number Eight and part of "The Umbrella Academy" which saves people. That is my duty. And, yes, I hated killing innocent people, but with this..."She sighed heavily."We could save the world and that's what matters. Besides, I'm not doing this for the commission, I'm doing quite the opposite: I'm destroying the timeline."

Five looked at her with sympathy, feeling lucky that Y/n still has a fresh and good mind. He kind of didn't care that she told Luther anymore, at least she was thinking correctly and that's what matters the most.

"We don't do this kind of thing." Luther still tried to gather some reasons to stop them from doing this.

"We are not doing anything. Y/n and I are doing this." Five kept a straight face glaring at Luther.

"I can't let you go and kill innocent people. No matter how many lives you'll save."

"Well, good luck stopping us." Five and Y/n started walking towards the door. Five was carrying his gun and Y/n was just simply walking with him. Luther was standing there trying to think of something to help stop them.

"You're not going anywhere." Luther picked up Delores and help her out the window. Five pointed his gun at her while Y/n's hands started whooshing signaling that she was about to use her telekinesis on the most higher note.

"Put. Her. Down." Five and Y/n said those words in unison glaring at Luther.

"Put the gun down. And you calm down. You're not killing anyone today. I know she's important to both of you, so don't make me do this." Luther continued talking still holding Delores out the window. But Five and Y/n scoffed at that.

"It's either her or the gun. You decide." Luther finished but Five still kept holding the gun. Then Luther threw Delores but Y/n used her telekinesis to catch her in mid-air while Five teleported and took her. Since Five threw the gun on the floor, Luther picked it up with no problems.

"I can keep doin' this all day." 

Five sat down on his bed holding Delores while Y/n sat on the chair next to the desk.

"I know you two are still good people." Luther started walking closer to them."Otherwise, you wouldn't have risked everything coming back here to save us all. But you're not on your own anymore."

"There is one way." Five sighed. Y/n looked up at him and their eyes met each other. Y/n looked at him but after a couple of seconds, she understood what he meant. She couldn't believe that he was going to do that and she didn't want to be a part of it at all, but she didn't really have a choice in this. She first gave a worried look, but then nodded in agreement."But it's just about impossible."

"More impossible than what brought you back here?" Luther asked and Y/n sighed.

"Let's just say, it's close enough."

∽☂ ∽