𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

∽☂ ∽

"𝐖𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄"

∽☂ ∽

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 to look in the direction where the voice came. And then they saw the one and only, The Handler, with a briefcase.

Y/n sighed looking at the woman. She did not hate The Handler as much as Five since Five was the one who took on the job and she was the one who offered it. So it was Five's fault. But she wasn't about to go all nice to her.

Five put his hands in his pockets and Y/n crossed her arms on her chest. The Handler removed her veil from her face and tucked it in the back. She also took off her sunglasses by the time that Five and Y/n were standing in front of her.

"Hello, Five, "The Handler looked at Five and Y/n."Hello, Y/n. You two look quite good, all things considered."

"It's good to see you again." Five started talking.

"Feels like we just met yesterday." The Handler looked up at the sky pretending to daydream."Course, you two were a little bit older then. Congratulations on the age regression, by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent." 

Five and Y/n rolled their eyes at that comment. Five knew that it was his fault and Y/n was thinking if she should say something about that, but she decided it was enough to emphasize that to everyone and everything.

"Ah, well, I wish I could take credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and...well, you know. Here I am." He took his hands out of his pockets and threw them in the air before putting them back in.

"You realize your efforts are futile." The Handler continued.

"No, it's not." Y/n finally intervened. The Handler and Five looked at her."We are doing what we set as our goals in the first place."

Y/n was referring to two facts: Number one, they are a part of "The Umbrella Academy" which is their duty-keeping everyone safe. And number two, the fact that ever since they traveled to the future, they wanted to change all of this. Ever since they were kids, they wanted to make everything right.

"Oh, so why don't you tell me, both of you, what you really want?" The Handler smiled and put her briefcase behind her back.

"We want for you to put a stop to it." Five put his hands behind his back and smiled.

"You realize what you're asking for me is next to impossible, even for me. What's meant to be, is meant to be. That's our raison d'être." The Handler pointed her finger at the sky.

Then Five pulled out a gun and pointed at The Handler. Y/n just put her hands behind her back trying to calm down.

"Yeah? Well, how about survival as a raison?" Five nodded his head and smiled cheekily at the woman.

"I'll just be replaced. I'm but a...small cog in a machine." The Handler pointed her finger at the sky again and then just stared at the pair for a couple of seconds before continuing."This fantasy you two have been nurturing about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse..." Five continued to glare at the woman while Y/n was looking at her with a worried look." is just that." The Handler twirled her finger."A fantasy."

Then the woman started walking closer to Five very slowly."I must say, though, we're all quite impressed with your initiative, your..." She looked at Y/n." stick-to-itiveness, really quite..quite something. Which is why we want to offer you a new position back at the commission, in management."

Five chuckled at that. They had to play it cool so that The Handler would believe them and they could finish the job they had to complete. Y/n rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Sorry, what's that now?" She asked sarcastically and the other two looked at her.

"Come back to work for us again. You know it's where you two belong." The Handler kept looking at Y/n and her smile dropped a little bit.

"Well, it didn't work out too well the last time." Five tried to reason.

"But you wouldn't be in the correction division any longer. I'm talking about...the home office." The Handler suggested while looking back at Y/n and Five between pauses.

"You'd have the best health and pension, and an end to this ceaseless travel. You two are distinguished professionals in...schoolboy shorts and skirts. We have the technology to reverse the process. I mean, you two...you can't be happy like this." She pointed Five's gun down and he scoffed.

"We're not looking for happy."

"Maybe, but I'm sure that your girlfriend over here, wants to do something that would make her happy." She looked at Y/n."She had to start doing something on the spot and she is most likely wanting to get some happiness."

Y/n stared at the woman for a couple of seconds before responding."I'm not." She said sternly.

Then The Handler touched her face."We're all looking for happy. We can make that happen. We can make you two...yourselves again."

Since she was on Five's right side, The Handlers hand was in front of his face so he broke her actions of running her hands through Y/n's face and interrupted.

"And what about our family?"

"What about them?"

"I want them to survive." Five stated like it was completely obvious. The Handler looked to her left at Luther, then to her right at Klaus and Diego sighing before looking back at the pair.

"All of them?"

"Yes, all of them." 

The Handler pulled sunglasses out of her pocket and put them on."Well, I'll see what I can do."The Handler reached her arm out for the pair to shake it."Do we have a deal?"

Five and Y/n looked at her hand and looked at each other. Y/n understood what Five wanted to do, so she nodded.

"One thing."

Five put the gun under his jacket and walked to his left. He picked up a gun that was laying there, took out the bullets, threw them to his right and the gun to his left side.

 The Handler looked at her watch while the two of them continued their job.

While Five was doing that, Y/n fixed a bullet that was heading towards Luther. The same one that stopped mid-air. So she fixed it by pushing it and pointing it so that it wouldn't hit Luther.

Then the two of them walked back over to The Handler and she reached her hand out again. Five and Y/n shook her hand at the same time before whooshing and zapping away.

∽☂ ∽