𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

∽☂ ∽

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍"

∽☂ ∽

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇." Reginald said as Five sat on his right and Y/n on his left at the bar.

"That's because we're the oldest." Five simply replied and Reginald tilted his head in confusion.

Y/n saw that he was a bit baffled by that statement, but she waited for this moment her whole life. "You know, technically, we're older than you are right now." She added and sightly smiled.

The waitress placed some alcohol on the counter in front of them. "Cognac?" Their father asked the pair.

"Just a smidge." Five looked down at the drink and smiled at their dad.

"No, thank you." Y/n didn't even have second thoughts and answered fast.

They both said in unison. Y/n weirdly looked at Five that he was drinking at a time like that, but he already did it in 2019: when the world was ending, he got drunk. So Five ignored her look as Y/n rolled her eyes at that attitude and looked away from him.

Meanwhile, Reginald poured some alcohol for the two of them into their glasses. "The other night you quoted Homer at me. Why?"

"You forced us all to learn it as kids." Five fixed his blazer. "In the original Greek, no less."

The two men took their glasses off the counter. Reginald lifted his glass and so did Five to say "Cheers" without words, but with gestures. They both drank as Y/n watched and decided to get to the point since that didn't really work out at the family supper.

"This world ends in five days if we don't get out of the timeline."

Reginald turned to her. But he wasn't phased by that at all. "Worlds end. Paleozoic, Jurassic, and so on."

"We can do something about this one." Five put down his glass.

"Man's greatest flaw: the illusion of control." Reginald simply answered.

"We need your help. All right? You're our-" Five realized he used the wrong word so he quickly corrected himself. "-my last sane option. Otherwise, I gotta make a deal that I really don't wanna make."

Y/n squinted her eyes in interest and confusion." What was he talking about?

"What do you know about time travel?" Five asked.

"In theory?"

"In practice."

"I know it's akin to descending blindly into the depths of freezing waters and reappearing-"

"As an acorn." Five and Y/n finished his sentence in unison together. Since that was one of the last things their father said to them before they disappeared, they replayed that whole dining scene in their heads for years so it's no surprise that they know everything he said to them word by word.

"What transpired when you two tried traveling before?" Reginald asked a very difficult question.

Y/n looked down hoping that Five would answer that for her. It was just too painful and Five noticed that. Even though he was mad as hell for her lies, he was still sympathetic with that topic and will always be. So he looked down too to think about it and answered.