Chapter 11

I tried to stack my pencils as boredom overtook my body. I sat in my desk and resisted the urge to prop my feet up on the desk, but I didn't want make a scene with Iida right now.

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you." Mr. Aizawa announced.

I leaned back in my chair, causing the front of it to lift off the ground. Three pros, huh? Must be keeping security tight after that whole break in party at lunch.

"Sir! What kinda training is this?" Sero jumped in.

"Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that." Mr. Aizawa replied, holding up a card with the text RESCUE printed across it.

The class then erupted into chatter as I only yawned. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to go on a rescuing lesson, I'm just so comfy in my chair right now.

"Guys, I'm not finished yet." Mr. Aizawa interjected, and the class grew quiet once more.

"What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes, but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities. This special training's at an off‐campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready." The teacher instructed, and everyone immediately sprung up, excited for the training.

I had decided to just wear my hero costume since everyone else was suiting up into theirs. Once everyone was finished getting ready, we all gathered outside to take the bus. I walked alongside Uraraka, and she ran up to Midoriya.

"Deku? Why are you wearing your PE clothes? Where's your costume at?" She asked, and he chuckled softly.

"You saw it after the combat training. It was kinda trashed. I'm still waiting on the support company to fix it up." He replied.

Suddenly, an earsplitting whistle ripped through the air, causing me to cringe.

"Gather around, Class 1‐A! Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!" Iida announced, blowing the whistle around his neck.

"Iida's kicking it into high gear as our class rep, huh?" Midoriya sheepishly laughed as he watched the boy wave his hand in a chopping motion.

"Such a shame." I sighed, already annoyed by his teacher like attitude.

Once everyone piled into the bus, it was clear that Iida's dumb seating strategy was foiled by an open layout.

"The bus's open layout ruined my boarding strategy." Iida pouted, leaning forwards in his seat, pushing his face into his hands.

"Jeez Iida, chill out. The world isn't going to end." I snickered, crossing my arms as I leaned back in my seat. I had unfortunately been seated next to the annoying nerd because Uraraka insisted upon it.

"But my plans have been destroyed." He sulked, and I sighed.

"Move on, nerd boy. Don't you have some homework you need to be calculating the due date for?" I pat the back of his suit aggressively, and he shot up.

"Oh yes! I almost forgot!" He exclaimed, and my eyes widened. "Thank you for the reminder, Doku!" He grinned at me, and I found my gaze lingering on his face. He looks pretty cute when he smiles like that.

Wait.

WHAT?!

I quickly looked away, leaning my head forwards to cover my face.