Chapter 26

"Where the hell have you been?" Kari loomed over me and I narrowed my eyes.

"Outside." I replied and she scowled.

"Don't play smart-ass with me." She hissed, raising her hand. I instinctively flinched, but she didn't do anything.

"Yeah, that's right. Know your place." She lowered her hand, and I relaxed. Suddenly, pain flooded through my cheek, and my head snapped to the side.

"You didn't even come back at all last night. You're such a whore." She narrowed her eyes at me, withdrawing her hand from slapping me. I sighed, feeling the pain blossom throughout my cheek.

"I saw you participating in the Sports Festival." Kari spoke up and I tensed.

"Well, I kind of had to." I replied and she crossed her arms.

"Tch. As if you had any shot at winning that pathetic thing. You're born to be a villain. This whole hero fantasy you have will pass over soon. Don't forget who you are." She stepped closed to me, gripping my arm. I tried to pull away, but her grasp was painfully tight.

"Fuyo Dokujin." She hissed, increasing her strength, my arm stinging in pain. She finally let go and I sighed. I quickly ripped my arm away from her and she scoffed.

"It's pathetic you know. You're hopeless. Nobody will accept you when they figure out who you are." She sneered and I looked at the ground, clenching my fists.

"You're wrong..." I muttered quietly and Kari bent down slightly.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I can't hear you when you mumble like a god damn mouse." Kari reached out a gripped a handful of my hair, forcing me to look at her.

"You're wrong." I glared at the woman, and she flinched slightly.

"How dare you look at me like that!" She yanked me down, and shoved her knee into my stomach. I coughed as I collapsed. Kari kicked me again, her glare intensifying.

"Where the hell have you gotten this idea that anyone would accept you! That's nonsense! Of course they wouldn't! You were born to be evil!" Kari spoke between kicks and I held my head.

I reached out and grabbed her ankle, stopping her from kicking me again.

"He accepts me! He said he didn't care! He's gonna help me reach my goal!" I yelled before pulling my arm back, knocking Kari's feet out from under her. I scrambled to get up, stumbling a bit as my body roared in pain.

"YOU USELESS BRAT! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! IM GOING TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!" Kari screamed, completely enraged. I quickly ran to the front door, tears collecting in my eyes out of pure terror.

Why the hell did I do that?!

A hand clamping around my arm caused me to shriek, fighting against the woman. I opened the front door with my other hand, ripping my arm away from the woman. Her sharp nails dug into my skin, clawing down my arm. I felt blood drip down to my hand, and my eyes widened as I felt a wave of paralysis hit me. I crashed to the ground, Kari towering over me.

No! No! She paralyzed me! My heart beat rapidly in my chest as I began to hyperventilate. My fingers twitched slightly as I fought immensely against her paralysis. I squeezed my eyes shut as I mustered all the strength I had to activate my Quirk. I created a needle, shooting it into my leg. I laced a special poison into it. I hoped that it would counter her paralysis. I grew dizzy, but I felt my limbs begin to move again.

My poison shot through my body as I suddenly hopped up, catching Kari off guard. I shot out the open door, almost falling over the railing. I stumbled, having to grip onto anything around me. Kari yelled from the door, but didn't dare chase me outside in fear of others seeing her.