Chapter 40

My eyes widened slightly as I watched Yaoyorozu capture Mr. Aizawa with a metal alloy. She had regained her confidence throughout the exam, due to Todoroki yelling something at her. The footage didn't include the audio, so I figured it was just some words of encouragement.

Yaoyorozu and Todoroki ended up passing, and the black haired girl cried in happiness and relief as Todoroki's stupid ass thought she was sick.

"My turn!" Uraraka perked up, a nervous smile on her face. She was up against Thirteen with Aoyama.

"You'll do fine. Probably." I gave her a rough pat on the shoulder, and she nodded.

"Right!" She gave me a firm thumbs up, and Midoriya waved her off. The girl then left the room, probably going to look for Aoyama.

~~~~

I blinked as I watched Uraraka fly towards Thirteen before grabbing and pinning her down. She must've had some combat training during her internship. The brown haired girl cuffed the hero, successfully passing the exam. Well, I did say she'd be fine.

Tsu had entered the room not to long ago once she was done resting from her match. The door slid open again, and I turned to see two people. Both Tenya and Yaoyorozu stood in the doorway. The tall boy's eyes darted around the room for a moment, scanning the people inside. His eyes fell on me, and he brightened, stepping into the room.

"Ah, I've been looking for you." He smiled as he walked up to me, holding his helmet in his hand. I gave him a half-assed wave before crossing my arms.

"Congrats on passing." I reluctantly congratulated him, and the boy smiled softly.

"Thank you. I'm sure you'll pass yours as well." He set a comforting hand on my shoulder, and I scoffed, turning my head away from him.

"Doubt it. They stuck me all by myself. Way to draw the short end of the stick." I grumbled, and Tenya gave my shoulder a soft squeeze.

"Don't worry about it. You'll figure something out. You always do." The boy reassured, and I sighed.

"Yeah, Doku. Out of everyone, you're probably the best to be by yourself." Midoriya spoke up, and I turned to him, raising a brow.

"The hell does that mean?" I asked, and the boy lifted his arm, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh- I just meant that your quirk is strong enough to support you on it's own. You also don't need to worry about a teammate, and could go all out using the power of your quirk alone." The boy explained, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"A-All I'm saying is that your quirk is perfect for solo work! It's both powerful and efficient!" Midoriya stuttered, frantically waving his hands in front of him.

"Relax, I'm not going to kill you." I waved the boy off, letting out a sigh.

"R-Righ! I know!" He quickly chirped, just as tense as before.

"Midoriya's right. There's no better choice than you. You'll pass, I'm sure of it." Tsu reassured me, and I turned to her as she blankly stared at me.

"Yeah, Doku, you've got nothing to worry about!" Yaoyorozu smiled at me, and I closed my eyes, dragging my hand down my face.

"I just hope you guys are right." I sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

○●○

The matches went by quickly, my round slowly creeping up. Uraraka had returned to the spectating room, and I thought about my opponent, Vlad King. Midoriya had told me what his Quirk was, and it sounded like a pain in the ass. My Quirk depends on piercing the skin, getting into the system. If Vlad's whole Quirk revolves around the drawing of blood, then that really makes things harder for me. I can see why we were matched up. Not only do I have to worry about controlling how much blood I'm drawing from Vlad, I'm also alone, so I don't even have backup. I have to fight this whole ass pro hero by myself, and on top of that, our Quirks are horrible matchups. I'm at one disadvantage after another! It's like they didn't even want me to pass!