Chapter 27

"Rise and shine! Good morning!" I groaned as Iida ripped the curtains open.

"Ugh, you're like a mother from those cartoons." I complained as Iida stood over me.

"We've got school, come on let's go! I already have a fresh uniform for you!" Iida ripped the blanket off of me and I sighed. I sat up, breifly rubbing my eyes. I noticed the girl's uniform in his hands, and I raised a brow.

"How did you even get that?" I asked, eyeing the uniform.

"I ran over there this morning." He replied and I blinked.

"Huh?! But that would be at like 4am!" I exclaimed and he nodded.

"Right. I got to get some extra running in. It was a delight." He adjusted his glasses and I sighed.

"Freak..." I muttered before snatching the uniform from his hand. I quickly found a bathroom, sloppily putting the uniform on. You know, the typical. I finished getting ready before walking back to Iida's room.

"Alright, let's go. Hey, I won't actually be late for once." I shrugged and Iida turned to look at me. He straightened up, going rigid. He put his hands on his hips as he stared at me.

"What? Stop staring at me." I snapped at the boy and he sighed, shaking his head.

"You need to wear your uniform properly!" He gestured at my clothing with a chopping motion.

"Nah, I'm good." I shrugged and he dragged his hand down his face.

"You must honor the U.A. uniform tradition by wearing it correctly!" He scolded and I rolled my eyes.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I yawned and he only got more worked up.

"Ever since the first day of school I've noticed your sloppy style! Correct your uniform this instant!" He pointed to me and I just stared at him.

"Alright, fine mom." I mocked the boy before lazily tucking in the rest of my shirt into my skirt. "Now let's go."

"You didn't fix all of it!" He gestured to the tie and I sighed.

"Isn't this good enough?" I asked and he shook his head. "Here then I won't wear it. Call me Bakugo." I slid the tie off of my neck, tossing it aside while mocking the angry blonde.

"Should I undo like three of my buttons so I can really get into character?" I joked, still making fun of Bakugo. Iida blinked at my statement before his face was dusted with a light pink hue.

"N-No!" He waved his hands in front of his face before walking over to my tie, picking it up. "You must wear it. Truly, it must not be that hard."

I looked away, letting out a long groan.

"I don't know how to tie it." I admitted quickly and Iida paused.

"Oh. That's all?" He replied before adjusting his glasses. "Well fear not! I shall teach you how to properly wear this tie for future use!" He rested the red cloth around my shoulders and I tensed.

"H-Huh?! Why?! Just let me go tieless!" I exclaimed as the boy bent over to my height.

"Then you'll never learn. Here, watch me." Iida began to tie the cloth gently around my collar. I really did try to watch him, but my gaze kept drifting off to his concentrated face.

It was kind of...

No.

Shut up.

Never think that again. How disgusting.

"And then you're finished!" Iida concluded, finishing the tie. He looked up from the cloth and to my face. I blinked, processing his words.

"O-Oh, um, okay- cool." I stuttered, realizing our faces were only inches apart. Wow, nice going, real smooth.