Chapter 44

I groaned as the door opening awoke me from my unexpected good nights sleep. I turned tiredly towards the door, bringing a hand up to rub my eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Mr. Aizawa's tired voice filled the quiet room. "I was making breakfast, did you want some?" The man kindly offered, his thoughtful behavior slightly offputting.

"Uh- sure." I stuttered, not used to being cooked for. I sat up, yawning loudly. The man only nodded before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

I sighed, yesterday's events flashing through my mind. What the hell did I get myself into? Kari is surely in the law's hands by now, safely keeping her away from me. However, her threats still rang through my mind, causing me to nervously fiddle with my comforter. She said that she had connections. People who would make me regret my decisions. Maybe she was bluffing, but what if she wasn't? Everything's really got me on edge.

I grumbled softly under my breath as I dragged myself out of the bed, getting ready for my first day of summer break. We had that training camp soon, but today was another day off, giving me time to settle in. I noticed the extra toiletries that Mr. Aizawa had set in the bathroom. When did he even get the time to put that there?! There only thing I didn't have were clothes.

Once I left my room, Mr. Aizawa had finished making breakfast. My eyes widened as I spotted something hanging on the wall. It literally took all my might not to burst out laughing. I covered my mouth, turning as I tried to hide my cackling expression. There hanging loosely on a hook was a pink frilly apron.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" The man's cold voice hissed, and I choked.

"What the hell is on the wall?!" I broke, not able to keep my laughter in. The man's eye twitched as he crossed his arms.

"Hizashi decided that this would be the perfect birthday gift. He also thought it would be a great idea to make sure this was the only apron I owned." Mr. Aizawa grumbled about Present Mic and I snickered.

"Why aren't you wearing it? You wouldn't want to get your clothes dirty." I snickered, and he sighed.

"I'd rather stain my clothes than put that monstrosity on my body." Mr. Aizawa replied, setting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "Now eat."

I dropped the subject with a roll of my eyes, deciding to dig into the food. I was curious as to how Mr. Aizawa's cooking was. I brought a piece of the pancake to my mouth, cautiously taking a bite. My eyes widened as the sweet taste of the food met my tongue.

"Holy shit, this is amazing!" I exclaimed, not expecting that lazy man's cooking to actually taste delicious. Mr. Aizawa grumbled something about my noise level, before shoving his own pancakes into his mouth.

He finished quickly before getting up and placing his dish in the sink.

"I'm headed out to the school. Lock up if you leave. I'll leave you an extra key." Mr. Aizawa stated as he headed for the door. I nodded slightly, still not used to the new living situation.

"Also, the girls are supposed to be using the pool today until 5:00pm, so get some training in or something. I don't care." He added before leaving. I tilted my head slightly, thinking of Mr. Aizawa's statement. They're using the pool? Should I go? I really have nothing to do right now...

My phone suddenly rang, causing me to jump before quickly fishing it out from my pocket. I blinked at the screen, seeing Uraraka's name flash across the callerID. We had given each other our information not too long ago, Uraraka insisting since we're "besties".

"What." I answered the phone, hearing a content hum from the girl on the other end as I picked up.

"Hey Doku! The girls and I were going to use the pool and were wondering if you'd like to come along? You didn't come to the mall with us, so I was hoping you'd hang out around at the pool today!" Uraraka chimed, and I blinked.