Chapter 36

The school day quickly ended, and I felt the back of my collar being pulled. I was dragged up from resting my head on my desk, being met face to face with Iida.

"I was sleeping, Tenya." I frowned, scolding him. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Which is exactly what you shouldn't be doing." He let go of my shirt, and I stood up, grabbing my bag. The weight of my backpack was suddenly lifted, and I looked up at Iida in confusion.

"I can carry that just fine. Give it back." I scowled at him as he carried my bag along with his.

"Well, so can I. If you're so tired that you want to sleep through class, then you shouldn't be carrying such a heavy bag." Iida used my logic against me, and I let out a frustrated huff.

We left the school, walking down the sidewalk, towards Iida's house. I sighed, shoving my hands in my blazer's pockets. Even if we're studying, it's a million times better than facing Kari again. I know she's just itching to snap me in half.

My mind drifted off into how Kari continuously yells at me not to dissappear for multiple days, and how I always do it despite her warnings. I clenched my jaw slightly, aware that I was breaking another one of her rules. A gentle hand on my shoulder caused me to flinch slightly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Are you all right?" Iida asked, peering down at me. I glanced away, clicking my tongue.

"Yeah." I shortly replied, noticing us pass by the park. I couldn't help but stare at it, realizing how much time I actually spent there.

"You sure do love that park, huh?" Iida asked while I continued to stare at it.

"Mm, it's okay." I shrugged, knowing that it was obvious I loved it a lot more then I let on.

Something moved out of the corner of my eye, and I quickly glanced in its direction. My eyes widened as I spotted familiar dark purple hair with gray streaks. I looked back at Iida, relieved to see that he didn't notice her.

I didn't want to tell him that Kari was there, fearing either what she might do to him, or what she'd do to me. Her threats of both her and my parents connections flashed through my mind. It was more trouble than it's worth.

"Oh shit." I spoke up, and the boy looked down at me in concern.

"What is it? Also, don't use that language, Fuyo." He scolded me a bit at the end, but I ignored it.

"I left my homework in my locker at school." I lied, and he perked up.

"We could back and go get it together." He suggested, and I shook my head.

"No. You'll get in trouble for going back after hours. I don't want to ruin your class rep nerd streak. We're not that far from the campus." I argued, crossing my arms. Iida hesitated a bit before sighing.

"I suppose you're right..." He gave in, and I nodded, headed in the opposite direction.

"Try to be as quick as possible! I don't want any study time to go to waste!" Iida called out, and I rolled my eyes, running away from both him and the park.

I turned the corner, going behind a building and into a dark hidden alleyway. It was far enough away that nobody could hear or see you unless they entered the alley. A sharp pain in my upper arm caused me to hiss quietly under my breath. My eyes widened as I began to feel my body growing limp.

"Shit..." I cursed as Kari stepped into my line of sight. She caught me by the collar, pulling me up to her face.

"You were planning on disappearing again, weren't you?" Kari spat, sneering as she further activated her Quirk, preventing me from moving any of my limbs.