Chapter 29

I didn't feel like drawing anything so have this thing I posted in my art book

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was patrolling with Todoroki and Endeavor, and you could say it was going well. I mean, as well as it could be. Endeavor kept making it crystal clear that he was "keeping his eye on me", which I rolled my eyes in return every time. Todoroki only gave me a few glances, probably curious now that he knows my identity.

However, something was off. I couldn't help the dreadful pit forming in my stomach. I have no god damn clue what is was from or what it's for. It was just there.

I looked up at the night sky, my eyes scanning the stars as they sprinkled the sky in a glistening array.

"Pay attention, Dokuji-" Before Endeavor could finish, he was cut off by a monotone voice.

"Fuyo." Todorki interrupted his father, and I raised a brow. I couldn't tell if he was just interrupting his father to talk to me out of spite, or if he was protecting my image by not letting him say my full name.

"What?" I replied, turning to the boy with a frown.

"Does something feel off to you?" He asked and my eyes widened slightly. I could hear Endeavor grunt angrily before ignoring us, realizing we were going to leave him out of the conversation.

"So you feel it too, huh?" I sighed, crossing my arms. Todoroki only nodded before warily looking around.

Suddenly, something quite big flew into a building, screams erupting behind us. All three of us spun around, and Endeavor was already running off to investigate.

"Shoto, there's trouble! I'll show you what it means to be a hero!" Endeavor shouted, basically ignoring me as we ran behind him.

The situation quickly grew worse as a bunch of crashes sounded around us, the city falling into madness. My eyes darted around the buildings, spotting many creatures that looked like the things from the USJ accident.

"Are those the ugly... what were the called? Noomos or whatever?" I asked, gazing at the monsters.

"Nomus." Todoroki corrected me with a frown and I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my belt, which I wasn't even supposed to have on me. Whoops I guess. I perked up, not thinking anything of it, so I ignored it.

However, I noticed Todoroki pull his phone out, scanning the screen. He stopped running, so I also stopped next to him.

"Really?" I sighed, watching the boy open a text. He ignored me as he turned his screen towards me.

"Did you get a text from Midoriya too?" He asked, and I blinked. I quickly fished my phone from one of the pockets on the belt of my hero costume.

I quickly realized that the vibration from earlier was Midoriya sending me his location.

"Uh yeah I did. Weird..." I muttered as I stared at the text.

"Dammit! You should be watching me!" Endeavor yelled, but we both ignored the man. Todoroki suddenly ran off, so I followed as Endeavor screamed after us.

"Hey, wait! Where the hell are you two going?!" He yelled and Todoroki casually replied, giving Endeavor the location Midoriya had sent along with a small explanation.

"Are we really going over there? That's creepy as hell." I frowned, turning my phone off.

"He must've sent it for a reason. I know where it is too." Todoroki replied, turning to look at the chaos around us.