Chapter 20

I stared at Midoriya's frozen body then switched my gaze to Shinso. He seemed confident.

"Come on, Deku!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Why in the world isn't he moving?" Iida asked from next to me.

"It has to be Shinso's Quirk. Some sort of mind control." I concluded, resting my chin in my palm.

"So here we are. You're lucky to have been so blessed, Izuku Midoriya. Now turn around and walk out of bounds like a good little hero." Shinso ordered. Midoriya turned around and began walking away.

"Uh‐‐ What?! Ah! Midoriya's obeying him!" Present Mic screamed.

"Oh, no, Deku, what are you doing?" Uraraka exclaimed and I sighed.

"He can't walk out of the ring! He'll lose the match if he does!" Iida yelled as I sat there observing in silence.

Just before Midoriya was about to step out of the ring, he paused. Suddenly, a big gust of wind blew past the arena, causing Shinso to cover his face, blocking the dust that rose.

"What's this? Midoriya stopped just in time!" Present Mic shouted. The crowd erupted into cheers, and I scanned the green haired boy. Did he just shock himself out of that?

"That's the way to do it!" Iida cheered, and I watched Midoriya gasp for air.

"Whoa. I was about to freak out!" Uraraka sighed in relief.

Shinso tensed and began shouting questions at Midoriya. The boy didn't answer as Shinso began trying to get him to talk.

"I didn't know you had so much power in your fingers. I'm kind of jealous of you." Shinso started as Midoriya composed himself.

"Thanks to the way my Quirk works, I've always been at a big disadvantage. But someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that. You're lucky enough to have a heroic Quirk! It'll be so easy for you to reach your goal!" Shinso's words hit me hard, and I tensed. He's right.

Someone with a Quirk like Midoriya's is beyond blessed. Those who have to put more work in because their Quirk isn't good enough are forced to build their way to the top. Those who have heroic powerful Quirks were born at the top.

Midoriya began to push Shinso out of the ring as he struggled against the boy. Eventually Shinso was right at the edge, and punched Midoriya in the hand, hitting his broken fingers. The boy screamed in pain before grabbing Shinso and aggressively flipping him over his shoulder, slamming him into the ground.

My eyes widened slightly at the act, and I could tell by the gasps around me that I wasn't the only one surprised.

"Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the next match!" Midnight announced as Midoriya panted over Shinso's body.

"And with that expertly performed throw, we have our first victor of the finals! Class 1‐A's Izuku Midoriya!" Present Mic yelled as the crowd screamed for joy again.

"Ugh, that was so nerve‐wracking!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Turning the tables at the last moment‐‐ a classic Midoriya maneuver!" Iida smiled and I sighed.