Chapter 16

"Welcome back to the UA Sports Festival! Where up‐and‐coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity! This first group are no strangers to the spotlight! You know them for withstanding a villain attack‐‐ the dazzling students lighting up your TVs with solid‐gold skills. The hero course students of Class 1‐A!" Present Mic announced as our class walked out.

I groaned at all the people staring down at us. I shoved my hands into my pockets, hearing Midoriya shake and whimper from beside me.

"Uh... I didn't know there'd be so many people." He muttered.

"I hope we're still able to give our best performances, even though all these eyes are watching us. I suppose it's just another aspect of being a hero we all have to learn to get used to." Iida stated.

Present Mic then introduced the rest of the classes as they all piled out into the grass field.

"Now, the introductory speech!" The hero, Midnight, stepped up to the mic. I raised a brow at her outfit.

"What an interesting costume." I spoke up and Kirishima nodded.

"Someone should talk to Ms. Midnight about what she's wearing." He blushed, eyeing the woman.

"Yeah. That costume should come with a warning." Kaminari agreed, his cheeks also dusted with blush.

"Is that really appropriate apparel for a high school game?" Tokoyami commented and I shrugged. Mineta started freaking out, clearly enjoying the view. I rolled my eyes and looked away from the boy.

"Silence, everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo!" Midnight yelled.

"Uh... He's the first‐year rep?" Midoriya gaped at the blonde.

"I guess that hot‐head did finish first in the entrance tests." Sero spoke up and some girl next to us sighed loudly.

"Only for the hero course exams." Her tone was filled with annoyance.

"Oh, right." Midoriya nodded quickly.

"That girl obviously hates us." Sero frowned.

"Yeah, and we've got Bakugo to thank for them not liking our class." Kaminari added.

"This isn't going to end well." I shook my head, watching Bakugo stand before the mic.

"I just wanna say..." He started. "I'm gonna win."

My classmates flinched, and I brought my hand up to my face, shaking my head in disappointment. Bakugo's comment caused an uproar in the other students as they all Boo'd him.

"Why would you be so disrespectful?! You're representing us all!" Iida yelled at the boy.

"Not my fault the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory." Bakugo replied, giving us a thumbs down.

"We're gonna turn into stepping stones to your downfall." I crossed my arms, staring Bakugo in the eyes.

"Huh? And how are you weaklings gonna do that?" He threatened and I scoffed.