Chapter 33

He's what?!

I shot up. My grip tightening on Iida's shoulders, causing him to stop.

"Is there a problem?" He asked, slightly turning his head towards me.

"No. Sorry." I answered, trying to relax to my previous position. I couldn't help but stay tensed, thinking about how pissed off Kari would be. But I can't tell Iida about her. She'd kill me. I'm just gonna have to deal with it I guess.

When we arrived at the apartment building, I quietly took a deep breath. I'm done for. It's over. Well, it was fun being alive. Kinda.

Iida put me down, and I frowned. I looked up at the building, hesitating.

"Fuyo, are you okay?" He asked, reaching out lightly for my arm. I swiftly pulled back, causing him to falter.

"Uh- Yeah, shut up and go home already. Don't you need your beauty sleep or something?" I coldly turned around, approaching the building. Iida stood there in silence for a moment, watching me go up the stairs.

"Go home nerd! What if we have a test tomorrow?" I called down to him, and he jumped.

"Do we?! That's impossible, I'd know for sure if there was a test!" He exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Fuyo." He waved with a smile as I leaned on the railing, looking down at him. I gave him a small wave, watching him walk away. I then turned around, taking a deep breath as I stood in front of my front door. I fished my keys from my pocket, unlocking it as I walked in.

I felt a weight lift from my chest as I realized the room was empty. I let out a sigh as I put my bag down.

All that relief quickly vanished as I heard the front door slam shut. I spun around to see Kari standing next to the door, a glare focused towards me.

"Get. Over. Here." She demanded, and I narrowed my eyes.

"Why?" I hissed, and she inhaled loudly, trying to compose herself.

"Do not talk back to me! Get your slutty ass over here!" She yelled, pointing to the floor in front of her. I scoffed, dragging myself over to her.

"What?" I spat, shooting a glare back at her as she peered down at me in rage. She reached out, grabbing my hair harshly. She gripped my head, leaning down to my height.

"Know your place, Fuyo." She narrowed her eyes at me before throwing me down to the ground, releasing my head. My hair fell from its ponytail, gathering messily around my shoulders.

"Where the hell have you been?! You know I'm responsible for you, so stop running off!" Kari yelled, sending a kick towards my ribs. I was still on the ground, not bothering to get up. I blocked her foot with my hand, making her growl.

"Sounds like you care about me." I scowled at her, sitting up. She narrowed her eyes at me, pursing her lips into a thin line.

"Don't pretend like anyone gives a shit about what happens to you. You were born to ruin lives, don't forget that." Kari hissed, and I frowned.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard to forget, dumbass." I daringly cursed at her, making the woman gasp in surprise.

"Oh, so now you've grown some balls at that little U.A. school of yours?" She bent down to my level from the floor. I glared at her as she scoffed.

"I guess I'm just gonna have to teach you some respect again. No filthy slut is going to speak to me like that." Kari spat, and my frown deepend.

"Stop calling me that!" I yelled, the word slut cutting me deeper than anything. Images of Ketsueki and the things he did flashed across my mind, and I squeezed my eyes shut.