Chapter 28

12 Years Later...

Priya stood at the side smiling, watching the movers move their things into their new flat. Taking a deep breath she sighed. "To all new beginnings, and forgetting the past" she whispered to herself, as a lone tear fell out of her eye. Suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her neck. "Chechi!" Vaishu exclaimed, squeezing her sister's cheek. "Vaishu! Finally, evalavu neram pathukonduirukiru?" (Finally, how long should I wait for you?)
Priya laughs, turning to face Vaishu. In reply, Vaishu sticks her tongue out, and says "well I'm here now, am I not?" The sisters both laugh before their eyes become glossy. They both had bad memories in their old house, but Priya's were far worse. It was the house where they both had found their one true love, and had that love leave them.

A voice shook the two sisters out of their flashback. It was a familiar voice, yet they didn't quite pinpoint whose it was until she came down the stairs of the compound. "Suganti, adhellam paravaillai, unga Akka magal ah kootikittu vaango. Arjun kandipa varuvar." (That's no problem Suganti, bring your niece over, Arjun will be here)
She yelled into the phone. Priya and Vaishu shared a look of disbelief and joy. "Dhanam aunty?!" They exclaimed together. "That means-" Priya started, "that Sukanya, Manoj-" Vaishu interrupted, "and ARJUN, are here too!" They ran over to their best friend's mom and smiled. "Yaar neengal? En munaadi vandhu nikirai?" Dhanam questioned. Priya and Vaishu smiled, their eyes gleaming with joy. "Don't you remember us aunty?" Vaishu asked. "Eh?" Dhanam voiced, thinking. "Aunty, I'm Priya, and she's Vaishu, Priya and Vaishu Unnikrishnan, Sukanya's best friends?" Priya explained. "Priya!? Vaishali!? Evalavu naal aachu paathu!" (It's been so long since I've seen you two!)
Dhanam exclaims. Her face becomes happy then immediately drops. "Hey! Ivale! Unnala thaan Arjun maaritar! Unnala thaan andha ohtakaliya katti, avar vaalkai yai naasama poochu! Thirumbi yean vandingal?! Marupadiyum enga vaalkaiyai naasam aakiruka? En munaadi varukoodathu! Puriyatha?!" (Hey! Arjun changed because of you. He married that runaway b* because of you and his life was ruined. Why did you come back? Do you want to ruin our lives again? Don't ever come in front of my face- understand?!)
With that Dhanam stormed away, leaving a confused Vaishu and a tearful Priya. "Wha-" Vaishu starts. "Arjun married someone. And they all think that I left him." Priya interrupts, trying to hold back tears. "You did tell them what had happened right Vaishu?" She asks. "I did." She replies confidently. "So, its true then..." Priya starts. "No chechi, it can't be..." Vaishu says, putting an arm around her shoulder. "Arjun doesn't care about me..." Priya broke down into tears, and Vaishu brought her to the bench, so that she could let it all out. "Maybe this isn't the best place to move, it still has reminders of the bad memories..." Vaishu suggests. "No, it has reminders of good memories," Priya wipes away her tears, "and forever I will live with those fond memories of Arjun and our friends. But trust me, I won't do anything to get in between Arjun and his wife. As long as he's happy with his family, I'll be fine..." The sisters sit on the bench for the next few moments, trying to forget the bad memories and cherish the good ones. After 10 or so minutes, they head up to their new flat, and distract themselves by setting everything up.

Dhanam walks back to her house in a huff, upset at her son's fate. "Yen ivan mattum renda oodakali ya love pannanum. Intha ulagathil vera yarum illaiya?" (Why did he have to love two runaway b*ches? Is there no one else in the world?)
She shouts, heading into her room.

Hearing the noise, Sukanya and Shruti look up from the table. "What happened?" Sukanya wonders aloud. "Sounds like she was on another rant about that Vandhana." Shruti says, leaning back on her chair. "Wait but amma talked about two people. If it was just Vandhana then it would have been just one oodakali..." The two sit in silence for a moment before the answer pops into their mind. Shruti is the first to speak.

"You don't think-"
"Can it really be true?"
"PRIYA AKKA IS HERE!!!" Shruti squeals.
Sukanya remains silent, her eyebrows furrowed.
"Don't tell me you're still mad at her?"
"Why wouldn't I be? She left Arjun and all of us without a word."
"Anything could have happened ka! You told me yourself, you didn't hear from her after she left Canada."
"Still-"
"And you know Priya Ka, she wouldn't do something like that. She's fun and feisty, yes, but not the type to willingly hurt people! And she loved Arjun Anna so much!!"
"Then why did she leave him like that?"
"Ughh," Shruti places her hands on her face. "You're too much ka, with Priya Akka we can find Vaishali and then imagine how much fun that would be! I can see how much you want to see your old friends again so don't lie and say that doesn't sound like fun!"
"Maybe... We'll see..."

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the first part of the flashforward! Just setting the scene and the characters ❤️ Hmm why did they separate? Why do they hate each other? Why did Arjun marry Vandhana? It'll be revealed soon enough!