Chapter 13

After the plane landed the group was met with a wave of coldness. It was December after all, and the country was filled with snow! After getting their luggage and doing the formalities, the group took a selfie in front of a large window.
"Arjun!" Someone called from the crowd. He ran up and gave Arjun a big hug. "Ashok! How are you? It's been ages since I've seen you!" Arjun exclaimed. "Hey Sukanya and Manoj you guys came too? How are you? How is Shruti, and your parents?" Ashok waves. "Hello Mr. Ashok, I'm here too, your other friend from boarding school!" Karthik says annoyed. Ashok hugs him. "Don't worry Karthik, I didn't forget you! I heard you're studying to be a lawyer? How's that turning out for criminal minded you?" He laughs. Priya and Vaishu stand at the side, feeling like third wheels, as Ashok catches up with his friends. "Oh, and I can't forget, this is Priya and her sister Vaishu, Sukanya's friends." Arjun introduces. Priya feels a slight pang of sadness. "Why did he say I'm just Sukanya's friend? Am I not anything to him? Well of course I'm not, if I was he would have said 'I love you' or asked me out already." "Oh this is your special guest of honour here?" Ashok asks bringing Priya back to her senses. Arjun elbows him. "Yep, this is the girl who's been haunting his dreams!" Karthik adds with a laugh. Arjun sighs and takes Priya's hand. "Let's go already, we're freezing here," he says trying to avoid another teasing session. The group hide their giggles, as they follow Ashok to his van. Ashok had rented out an extra large van so they didn't need to book another one like they did in India. Arjun climbed into the front passenger seat, much to Priya's disappointment. So, she sat with Sukanya and Vaishu in the back while Manoj, Jai and Karthik took up the middle seats. "Remember to put on your seatbelts here guys. We get fined if anyone in the car is caught without one!" Ashok reminds.

    "How was your flight here?" Ashok asks the group. "It was fine, the view from above was so nice, especially during sunset!" Vaishu answers first. "The food was really nice too!" Manoj adds, earning a laugh. "It was peaceful, not much turbulence." Sukanya says. "That's great, especially since Arjun is terrified of heights," Ashok laughs. "Oh don't worry Ashok, he was too distracted sitting beside Priya to notice anything!" Manoj laughs. They all laugh earning a glare from Arjun, while Priya covers her face with her hands. "Since it's almost midnight here, there's not many stores that are open. So until tomorrow you guys can borrow my clothes, and the girls can borrow Kavya's. "Why didn't Kavya and Biju come?" Sukanya asks. "There wasn't enough room in the car, and also today's a special day for Malayalams or something so Biju went to the temple." Ashok answers. Priya and Vaishu look at each other. "Could this Biju be the same Biju that was a good family friend in Kerala?" They think. "Oi, mangammoi, you and Vaishu are Malayalam, what's today?" Arjun asks. "Some people are virathum for Vishnu today." Priya replies, "I'm not sure what it's called exactly though, usually our family friend from Kerala messages Vaishu and I with the meaning of the day and everything." Vaishu nods. "Sounds like a nerd!" Arjun laughs, earning a glare from Priya and Vaishu. "Our friend is smart and knowledgable, and DOES NOT TEASE OTHERS." Priya defends. "Who's this friend of yours? How come we don't know about them?" Sukanya asks. "You know how Priya only came to Tamil Nadu when she was 10? And how I only came the next year? Well, while we were in Kerala, our parents and his parents were very good friends, so we became close too. We meet up with him every time we visit my parents and our grandparents." Arjun's face slightly drops when he hears Priya defending one of her GUY friends. But before he could say something to see if Priya had a crush on this guy friend, they arrived at their house.

"So you guys can freshen up a bit here, and then we'll bring you to your hotel, since as you can tell, there's not enough room here for you, and we don't want you guys to feel suffocated." Ashok says while pulling the driveway. "It's the same one Kavya's in right?" Kartik asks, taking off his seat belt. "Yep, it's the same one that Praveen and Kavya are staying while Praveen attends to a meeting." Ashok answers. "Wow, your house is really pretty Ashok," Priya marvels. "Haha thanks. Biju is a bit of a gardener, so he keeps the front and back yard overflowing with flowers and plants." He laughs. Priya and Vaishu share another look. "The Biju we know is also super into gardening." They thought. However, their doubt didn't last for long, for as soon as Ashok opened the house door, they saw their childhood family friend Biju. "OMG Priya? Vaishu?" He runs up and gives them a friendly hug. "I didn't know that you guys were coming, or I would have planned so much more!!" "Wait, so you went to school with Arjun and the rest??? That's why you suddenly only came to Kerala during holidays!!" Priya exclaimed. "Oh it's been so long since we've seen you!" Vaishu smiles. "Can't believe they let you come to Canada though, I would have never trusted you!" She laughs. "The most mischievous and sneaky one says she doesn't trust me, oh what a world I live in!" Biju laughs. "Oh forget about her, you know how she is, how are you?" Priya asks. "Hey hey hey hey hey, firstly, how do you guys know each other. Secondly, you see them and forget about your childhood buddies???" Arjun asks slightly jealous that he hugged Priya. "Oh, Arjun! This is the friend I told you about in the car, the one you called a nerd!" She laughs. "Wow Arjun, close buddies yet you call me a nerd in front of your friends, I'm hurt." Biju says sarcastically. "Oh, come on you two, don't forget the rest of us!" Karthik says. They all laugh and go inside. They all sit on the sofa, with Priya between Arjun and Biju, and Vaishu sitting on Biju's other side with Sukanya right beside her. "So Arjun," Biju whispers, leaning over. "This is the Priya you wanted to plan the whole surprise for?" "Yes... Why?" Arjun asks suspiciously. Biju just shrugs, fuelling Arjun's jealousy further. They all chat for a bit before Biju and Ashok bring down some of their extra clothes for the guys. "Winter jackets are like 300 dollars so you guys can use some of ours." Ashok says. "But for the girls, I think Kavya has one extra jacket since she's here on vacation as well, so we will go to the store bright and early tomorrow morning to get you guys other winter supplies and two more coats. Unless you guys want a new one too." "It's not like we're going to move here so there's really no point for a new jacket." Karthik says, and the rest of them agree.

This chapter is a filler for the next really romantic and cute chapters!

Precap: Arjun snuggles beside Priya, wrapping his arm around her... 'I can't wait until I can sleep everyday beside you.' He mumbles. Priya leans over and kisses his nose as they fall asleep in each other's embrace