Chapter 10

*1 yr later—> since they wanted to go during winter and see snow, but there was no snow right after they graduated so they waited a year*
Priya was reading alone in her room. Suddenly, Arjun appeared, and cornered her into the back corner. He cupped her face and used his lips to explore her whole face. Finally, he came to her lips and whispered into them. "I love-""PRIYA AKKA!" Arjun shakes her. She keeps her eyes closed and whispers "what?" The shaking doesn't stop. She opens her eyes in defeat when she's met with Vaishu's face, rather than the one of her lover's.
    "Finally you're awake! Did you forget we're going to Canada in five days??? WE HAVE TO SHOP FOR WINTER CLOTHES!!!" She exclaims, pulling the blanket off of her. "Canada? Winter? Shopping? What?" Priya murmers, still half asleep. "Where did Arjun go? He was just about to confess his love for me!?" She asks annoyed. Vaishu laughs, and shakes her again. This brings Priya back to the present, although she doesn't realize she said the before statement aloud. "What time is it?" She asks rubbing her eyes. "ALMOST 10! Here I got your clothes out for today, and turned on the generator. Quickly go shower and get ready!" Vaishu replies. With a yawn Priya gets up, and smiles recalling her dream. "If only it came true.." She whispered to herself.

    An hour later, Priya is ready. She sits down at the kitchen table, when she's met with giggles. "What?" She asks taking a bite of food. No one says a word. She stares at Vaishu. "What did you say?" She asks. "CHECHI! How did you know I said anything? It was you who asked where Arjun was as soon as you woke up!" Vaishu replies. "What? When did I do that? Stop spreading lies Vaishu!" Priya warns. "Priya, seriously, what type of dream did you have last night? Remember, Amma will murder you if you got a daughter before you're 30." Kavitha warns back. Priya looks at Kavitha confused. "What?" Her tubelight brain couldn't process what her sister meant. "Kavitha Akka! Priya Akka is such a tubelight, don't you know she won't understand what you meant?" Vaishu laughs. "Oh gosh, I am so glad Amma and Appa already left for the bank today." Priya whispers to herself. "Didn't you have a dream where Arjun was about to confess his love to you?" Kavitha asks. "Yes, it wa- Wait how did you know? Vaishu!" Priya replies, all red. "You said it, not me :D" Vaishu laughs. The reality of what had just happened dawns on Priya. She understands what Kavitha meant, and what she herself had said unknowingly that morning. Her cheeks turn beet red, as Kavitha tries to control her laughter. Vaishu on the other hand, did not care and laughed out loud. Quickly, Priya gulps down the last of the breakfast, grabs her bag, and runs downstairs to escape the embarrassment.

    When she sits down in her parents' car (they took an auto since they knew Priya and Vaishu were going shopping today) she quickly dials up Arjun. "Oi mangamma, enna kalenkalthala call panningal?" He smiles. "We have to buy things for Canada remember? Want me to come pick you guys up? Ask Sukanya and Manoj too." She replies, looking out to see if Vaishu was coming down. "That's it?" Arjun asks dejected. "Hmm... I'll tell you about a dream I had last night too, happy?" She adds. Arjun agrees like a little kid before putting Priya on hold. "Hey Sukanya, Manoj, Priya called to ask if we want to join her at the mall to shop for Canada." He calls out. "I'll come later, my hair's still drying." Sukanya replies. "And I'll come with her after I'm done this level on this video game," Manoj adds. Arjun shrugs and tells Priya to come. While they didn't show their joy on the outside, all three siblings and Priya were overjoyed that the duo would be getting some much needed time together. Before Priya leaves to pick up Arjun, she calls up Vaishu. "Chechi? Did you forgive me and Kavitha Chechi for teasing you yet? Can we go shopping now?" Vaishu asks. "Vaishu just wait until you fall in love, then Kavitha and I will tease you double the amount you guys are teasing me!" Priya smirks. "SO YOU ADMIT YOU LOVE ARJUN! EEK!" Vaishu screams. Priya facepalms herself. "I'm still waiting downstairs, are you coming? We have to go pick up Arjun too so hurry up." "Wait mama is coming? Then it's okay I'll come with Kavitha Chechi later." Vaishu says.