Chapter 25

So to your right you'll see a bunch of old buildings and to your right another bunch of old buildings..." Ashok starts. "But then if you look in the distance, you can see the CN tower, the tallest self-standing structure in the world! We're heading there right now, so you'll be getting a closer look soon!" They all whip out their phones and start taking a bunch of pics while admiring the scenery.

Soon they arrive at the base of the CN tower. Biju drops them off before heading to find parking. Meanwhile Ashok heads in and buys their tickets while the others take pictures at the base. "We need to get a picture with the whole tower!" Vaishu exclaims. "We'll have to go further away then." Karthik replies. "So? Let's go and take the perfect pic!" Kaviya exclaims. They head a bit further away and manage to get the whole tower. They get a nearby Canadian to take their picture and then head back to the actual tower where Ashok and Biju were waiting for them. "So, I've gotten us all a mega pack where we can see almost everything before Christmas. And then on Christmas Eve Eve so we'll take you shopping at Scarborough Town Centre." "After that," Ashok continues, "will be Christmas festivities, and boxing day we will take you to the Eaton Centre. Then for the last couple days before the new year we'll rest and enjoy ourselves before New Year's Eve when we will take you guys to Nathan Phillips Square for the countdown. After that it's all just around here travelling and relaxing until your flight on the 7th. "That's a lot!" Priya exclaims. "So we'd better get started," Kavya says leading them into the tower.

Luckily, since it was a weekday morning and the Canadian winter holidays had not started as of then, there wasn't a large crowd. The group breezed through the line and got to the elevator. "This is the glass elevator, one of the CN Tower's specialities. From here, you will be able to see around and underneath you as we travel to the top. The elevator's speed is specially formulated to allow visitors to absorb the amazing view the whole 550 metres upwards. Make sure not to miss it, as when we venture back down we will come down in a different elevator that does not have this opportunity." The guide started. Given the size of the group, they were the only ones (other than the guide) in the elevator when it went up. Everyone was amazed by the glass floor and walls, and a little nervous as well. Arjun especially. He stuck to the back side of the elevator, and took shallow breaths, his eyes darting left and right trying not to look down. "Arjun?" Priya whispers, noticing his silence. She takes in his darting eyes, and the tightness that overcame his body and held his hand tight. "Don't worry. I'm here, am I not?" Slowly, she brought him to the front of the elevator to see the view. "You don't want to miss this, Mr. scared of heights." She chuckled, attempting to ease his racing heart. Gripping to Priya's hand, and ignoring his friends' chuckles and smirks around them, he looked out and around. His eyes widened up and his throat felt dry. "It's beautiful." He whispered, taking it all in. Yet, within a few seconds he went back to the back, this time, with a smile and his eyes watching the glass floor underneath him, with his hand still intertwined with Priya's.

Once they reached the top, they were all spellbound again. "All the cars look like little toys!" Vaishu exclaims, her nose pushed up against the glass. "Come over here guys, look through this and see everything close up. Since the weather is pretty clear today, you could probably even see America and Niagara Falls." Biju called them over to a telescope. One by one they took turns looking through at Canada and at Niagara Falls and America. "What is Niagara Falls anyways?" Priya asks before her turn. Ashok clears his throat and with his best tour guide impression answers her question. "Niagara Falls is one of the world's largest waterfalls, with the water powering hundreds of homes. In fact there's a water cleaning facility there as well. It is located on the Canadian-American border, with the water falling into Canada. It is truly a spectacular sight." "We're going there aren't we?" "Of course!" "Then I'll see for myself whether the view is truly spectacular or if it's sumar looking and our Indian lakes and waterfalls are better." Priya laughs, looking through the telescope. Once they all took their turn, they took another elevator to the very top of the tower. Once again, they enjoyed the view both with and without the telescope.

When they came back down to the first height level, they spent another few minutes admiring the scenery before Ashok called them over to the glass floor. "Woah, this is cool." Sukanya steps onto the floor hesitantly. "Don't worry it can hold 35 moose, it won't break even if you jump on it." Biju smiles, taking a seat on it. "It can hold 35 moose but can it hold bottomless stomach Manoj?" Karthik jokes sitting beside Biju with Ashok. "Haha very funny, truly original." Manoj rolls his eyes, joining them. One by one they all sit on it except for Arjun and Priya. "Hey Anna, you still scared of heights? You got through the plane and elevator no problem, so come!" Manoj calls. "W-w who said I'm scared?" Arjun clammers. "I'm not scared! I'm thinking about safety, what if it breaks with all of us on it? Who knows? Anything could happen, accidents aren't impossible." He crosses his arms and looks away. Kavya motions to Priya to bring Arjun over. "What can I do?" Priya mouths. "Hold his arm, look into his eyes and bring him over!" She mouths back. Priya rolls her eyes. "Chechi it will work, trust us!" Vaishu mouths. Sighing, Priya places her hand on Arjun's arms, forcing him to look at her. "Come on. You're not the only one who's scared, we all have that small fear inside of us. Nothing's going to happen, trust me." He remains silent, and looks away. "Don't look down, look at me- look at my eyes." Priya whispers. He looks at her eyes, and is instantly mesmerized. Taking this chance, Priya slowly brings Arjun to stand on top of the glass floor before letting go of his arm, making him look down and realize what had happened. He grabs Priya's arm, and grips is tightly. Smiling, she sits down, taking him down with her.