Chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to the super kind @knaiker 💕

Priya drives away and picks up Arjun. Soon, they were quite a distance away from both their houses. "Here, I know a shortcut to the mall, turn right here." Arjun says at a intersection. "Do you really think I don't know you?" Priya laughs. "You just want to escape our friends and get us lost!" Arjun takes Priya's hand. "Please?" He says, knowing he only has a little bit of time before the light turns green and she turns left. Priya shakes her head. Arjun takes her hand to his lips, and leaves small kisses all over it. Priya stays silent, but Arjun feels both their body temperatures rising. He feels more romantic since Priya herself gave him the green light after his parents approved. "Please my malayalam mangamma?" He begs. Priya sighs and turns right when the light turns green. To any outsider it would look like she was annoyed with him, but they both knew that Priya was secretly happy. While she was a conservative Malayalam girl, she still loved those small moments she got with him, especially since it was after both their parents agreed.

    Priya continues to follow Arjun's directions and they find themselves in a secluded space beside a forest. Priya parks the car and turns to Arjun. "So?" She says annoyed. "What?" Arjun pouts, "why are you mad?" Priya crosses her arms. "I had a dream. You finally confessed your feelings." She whispers. "And that dream will become a reality soon.." Arjun replies leaning over. "When Arjun, when?" She asks looking down. "Soon.." He replies leaving a soft kiss on her nose. That kiss forces Priya to smile, which causes Arjun to smile too. She places her head on his chest and closes her eyes. He leaves a soft kiss on the top of her head and snuggles closer to her. When she accidently falls asleep, he takes the time to observe her beauty. He imagines how she will react when he finally confesses to her in Canada. He had already taken the help of his friend there to plan out everything perfectly, and he knew that neither him nor Priya could wait for that special moment.

    Soon, they were woken up by a phone call. It was Arjun's friend from Canada, who advised them to pack the warmest clothes they could find, and that he would take them shopping immediately since their warmest clothes wouldn't stand up against the Canadian winter. After hearing the advice, Priya yawned as she started the car and they drove to the mall. Once there, they saw that all their friends were already there. "What took you guys so long?" Sukanya asks. "We got lost, because this one wanted to try out a new shortcut," Priya laughs. Arjun rolls his eyes and places his elbow on her shoulder. "Anyways, what store shall we check out first?" He asks. "Fashion House has the warmest clothes from what we've seen so far, so let's check there." Karthik says. "It's too bad that Vandhana can't come with us," Priya frowns after they start browsing through the clothes. "Yah, it's sad that she had to stay back to take care of Amma." Jai adds. "Don't worry Jai, we'll have a blast without your sister. Think about it, there's no one to annoy you! I wish I could be going without my siblings :/" Arjun replies jokingly. Priya slaps his arm, "If your sister wasn't coming, I doubt that Vaishu and I would have come. Anyways, Jai I feel so sorry for your sister too, but with your mother sick, it's best that she stays. Don't worry we will make up for it when we get back. Maybe we can all go to Switzerland together!" Jai smiles and is happy again, while Arjun frowns. "Never mind, I forgot I would still have to endure this one's lectures and teasing! Hey maybe we can ditch the girls and go grab some foreign sarukku there!" He winks at Jai. "Hello, while you're with me, none of you guys are drinking." Priya replies sternly. "And you cannot live without Priya Anni" Jai adds laughing. Arjun frowns even more. "Ever since I met you, you made all of my friends start teasing me!" He pouts. "You turned me into a laughing stock Priya!" Priya laughs. "Aw, is little Arjun mad at me? S'okay, I'll leave him alone then." She turns around to leave, when Arjun grabs her hand and takes her to the women's section. "You know what Jai said is true right?" He murmurs, still holding her hand. Priya nods, trying to hide back a grin. "Then how come you keep saying you'll leave?" He replies, crossing his arms. Priya shrugs, grinning. "In Canada, you're going to pay for all your teasing," he whispers into her ear flirtatiously. She blushes but ignores the love threat. "Come, help me find some clothes." She says.

    A few hours later everyone had bought out all the warm clothes that you could find in Chennai. While it was obvious that Priya and Arjun had picked out each other's clothes, it was surprising to Priya that Jai and Vaishu had done the same. "If those two fall in love, we're teaming up to get back at them, deal?" Arjun whispers into Priya's ear. Priya nods with a suspicious smirk, but both Vaishu and Jai put it off as their romance.