Chapter 20

Author's Note: I loved writing this chapter so much!! It's just perfect for these two cuties 🥺 Let me know how it is!! I hope u guys enjoy this as much as I did writing it 💕

Unlike the other dishes, this one came underneath a large silver covering. The waiter left and Arjun let Priya open the lid. Inside was a gold gift box. "What's this?" Priya asks, trying to contain her excitement. "I don't know," Arjun shrugs, "open it and see. Biju reserved this table for us so it might be from him." He blabbered. As Priya opened the box, he took the bouquet of roses and a small box from under his seat.

"Arjun...." Priya's voice wavered. Inside of her gift was the teddy bear Arjun had bought earlier. (Before he bought the teddy bear he was planning on sending the roses in its place). She traced over the 'I Love U Priya' with her finger as a tear dropped from her eye. "This is from you, isn't it?" She smiled. Arjun nodded his head, "press the paw." And so she did. "I love you mangamma." The bear let out. Priya looked up from the bear with tears in her eyes to see Arjun on his knee with a bouquet and a small box. "I love you so much Priya, and I can't imagine life without you." Arjun started, opening the small box to reveal a ring. " Will you be with me forever? Will you marry me?" Priya was already up by the time he finished and just stood there, hands on her mouth and tears flowing from her eyes... For a moment there was nothing but silence. Pure, undisturbed silence. Everything else disappeared around them as they felt on top  of their own cloud. "Mangamma, my knee is hurting, hurry up pls," Arjun chuckled giving her the roses. Priya could only nod, clutching the roses to her chest, her voice lost in the night sky. Taking the approval, Arjun took one of her hands and slipped on the ring. *Imagine this ring but the whole thing is silver* He leaves a soft kiss on her hand before standing up. "Hey why is mangamma crying? Is she not happy?" Arjun smiles, wiping away her tears. Priya puts down the roses on the table and hugs Arjun tightly, her tears soaking his shirt. She steps back when the waiters come in with a red velvet cake, with congrats written on the top, and sparklers sticking out. "Give your girl a kiss now, come on!" A waiter pushes, while continuing to record the whole event. Priya shys away but Arjun pulls her in and softly plants his lips on hers. They part quicker than they both would have liked, due to the numerous people surrounding them. The waiter that pushed for the kiss earlier, steps closer, while the others wish the couple and leave. "I was told to record the whole shebang when the rest of these plans were made, so I have the video. How shall I send it?" She asks. "First can you take a couple more pictures please?" Arjun asks. She agrees and Arjun wraps his arm around Priya and pulls her behind the cake. Together they cut the cake, and feed each other. "Congrats once again! You guys are too cute! I took videos and photos." She sends the files to Arjun's phone before leaving.

*Imagine this ring but in silver*

After they all leave, the couple sit back down in silence, both brimming with the biggest smiles

After they all leave, the couple sit back down in silence, both brimming with the biggest smiles. Priya couldn't stop looking at the ring. With one hand wrapped around the teddy bear, she almost forgot that they still had dessert to eat. "Here, I'll feed you." Arjun says, breaking Priya out of her trance. "You already did," she laughs. He cuts a slice out and places it between them. "So? I want more," he smirks, leaning in. Priya rolls her eyes with a smile and feeds him a bite. Rather than eating daintily, Arjun puts the whole spoon in his mouth with a smirk. "Now it's my turn," he takes the same spoon from Priya and feeds her. "Doesn't it taste better now that it's from my spoon?" Priya feels her cheeks heat up, because both of them knew the answer. "Why don't you try and tell me," she replies, feeling bold now that he was her fiance. She takes the spoon, still with drops of her saliva, and feeds Arjun. "That was the best cake I've ever eaten," he leans in. "I'll pass your compliments to the chef when we leave," she laughs. "Speaking of leaving, it's almost 10, shall we head back?" "I never would have imagined that the romantic Arjun is suggesting we leave," she replies. "Well, I had other plans after this. Like a midnight walk?" "In these clothes?" She raises her eyebrow. "We could go back and change, if you like," Arjun takes another bite of the cake as he responds. "That sounds amazing," Priya stands up. They get the cake packed in a to go box, pay the bill and leave a generous tip for the waiters, especially the one who took the video. They then leave and head to their rooms.