Chapter 1

Hey guys! I wrote this first few parts on Notes app so it's not separated into different chapters. Sorry 😣
Priya Unni walked into the kitchen with a hurry. "Amma! Hurry up!" She calls as she packs her bag. Manjula Unni (Manju) rushes towards her daughter with a plate of food. "This is why I told u to get up early," she lectures while feeding Priya. "Now look, you're rushing and are going to be late!" "Sorry ma, I couldn't sleep last night. Where's Kavitha Akka?" Manju frowns as she feeds the last bite to Priya. Kavitha was her eldest daughter who was three years older than Priya. "How many times do I have to tell you! Don't use your phone after nine!" Priya rolls her eyes as she slings her backpack on her shoulders. "It's okay, I'm not late am I? Where's Akka?" She asks. Right on cue her phone rings. She picks it up and hears Kavitha's urgent voice. "Hurry up! I'm waiting outside! We're gonna be late on the first day!" She says. "Okay I'm
ready, coming down now." Priya says ending the call. "She's outside, bye ma!" She says hugging her mom. "Good luck on your first day!" Manju cries after her.

Priya races down the stairs of the compound to find Kavitha on her bike waiting. "Are you excited for the new year Priya?" Kavitha asks as they drive away. "Eh, it's just another school year. But it is going to be cool being the oldest in this school." She says thoughtfully. Kavitha laughs. "You'll still be the youngest grade 12, there's no changing that." She says. Priya's birthday was on December 31st so she was the youngest no matter what. But it felt nice to be the oldest grade in the school. "Anyways here we are, your advanced high school. Good luck!" Kavitha says, heading off to her university. "Bye Akka!" Priya says as she runs off to find her friends.

Soon Priya found them, in their secret place, behind the school garden, a dent in the ground surrounded by loads of trees that made the spot hidden. "Hiiii!" She says hugging her friends. There were three of them Vaishali (Vaishu), Vandhana, and Sukanya. They had met back in grade six and instantly connected. Vaishu was childish, and a prankster, constantly making the group laugh. She and Priya had actually been friends since kindergarten and are more like sisters. She was also the shortest. Sukanya was the one who gave the best ideas, and loved a little romance. Vandhana was the most gorgeous of the group and the most glamorous. She was the stylish one in the group and loved money and dreamed of being rich. Now about our heroine of this story. Priya was the backbone of the group. Who started out as a shy kid became the craziest with her friends. She was the kindest in the group, having a golden heart.

"So did anyone notice the fresh meat?" Sukanya asks. "OMG yes they're so tinyyyy and adorable!!!" Vaishu exclaims. "It's hard to believe that we were in their shoes just three years ago." Vandhana says. "We gotta do everything to make sure they feel welcome here. That includes not calling them fresh meat, kay?" Priya says looking at Sukanya. Sukanya rolls her eyes and laughs. "You're too nice Priya, but fine. You should definitely be Prom Queen this year!" She says. They all laugh, but there's it sounds forced from Vandhana. No one notices. It was always her dream to be Prom Queen but they didn't know that. "What's your schedule?" Priya asks. "I have Science for homeroom," Sukanya says, making a face. "Hey! I have that too!" Says Vaishu. "Wait I do too!" Priya exclaims. They all look at Vandhana eagerly. "I have science for homeroom too!" She exclaims. They all continue sharing their timetables to see which classes they had together when the bell rang. All of them had Science first period. Priya and Vaishu then had English, and after lunch Priya was alone in Math, and the last period she had a spare with Sukanya. They walked together to their first class.

Their first Science class wasn't as bad as Sukanya had thought it would be. The teacher was really sweet and took an instant liking to Priya and her friends. Next was English which was also fine as Vaishu made sure that they were both entertained. To be honest, nothing that interesting happened until Priya had Math by herself, third period.

The math class required everyone to get into partners who they'd work with for the rest of the semester. Priya first worried that she would be left partner less as none of her friends were in that class, but then the teacher chose the pairs for them. Priya let out a sigh of relief, but then worried who she'd be partnered with. If she was partnered with someone who wasn't as math-like as her, she would struggle with all the assignments that they had to do together. So she crossed her toes that she would be paired with someone easy to work with.