Chapter 26

The conflict will be coming soon! So enjoy the cuteness and cheesiness of their young love before things take a turn and the actual story gets going! 😊

"Wow Arjun, didn't know all it took was a girl to get you to get over your fear! Otherwise we would have set you up years ago when we wanted to go skydiving!" Ashok laughs. "You've gone too soft Arjun!" Kavya laughs. "Guys, stop teasing him, he's already so quiet, if you keep teasing him I might end up being with an oomai!" Priya says, rolling her eyes with a smile. Arjun glares at each of them before looking down.  "See bro, it's not that bad, it's actually really nice!" Biju laughs. "Fine, I admit, it's pretty cool. Now stop, laughing, I know each and every one of your fears too so don't act like you don't have any!" Arjun says. Everyone stays silent, holding back their laughter, except for Vaishu. "I don't have any fears mama!" She giggles. "Oh really?" Arjun crosses his arms and glances at Priya who looks down. "Chechi here told me everything, so don't pretend!" He waggles his finger at her and laughs. "Chechi, not fair!" Vaishu exclaims. There's a moment of silence before the whole group bursts into laughter.

"Okay, now that that's over, Ashok, Kavya and I have another surprise for you guys," Biju says. "This was actually my idea, because I knew Sukanya and Manoj like having a thrill factor to their entertainment!" Kavya exclaims. They lead the group to a desk in front of a large sign saying 'TAKE THE RISK! WALK ON THE EDGE! CN TOWER'S EDGE WALK!' Arjun freezes yet again, while the rest sign the consent forms. "No way guys. This is where I draw the line. I am NOT, I repeat NOT doing that!" "Arjun-" Priya starts, but Arjun holds his hand up. Priya sighs. Yes, she didn't want to push Arjun into doing something dangerous and potentially life-threatening. Yes, she didn't want to push him out of his comfort zone. But.... But this was a once in a lifetime chance, and Biju, Ashok and them had already bought the tickets so it would be a waste of $195 Canadian dollars or 10,109.62 rupees, which is a LOT. She looked over to see the rest of the group motioning for her to convince Arjun. They knew that she was the only one to do so because he was so madly in love. "Arjun?" She starts, coming up with an idea. "No, Priya, I can't do this, please understand!" Arjun says. "If you don't do this... then I don't want to do it either." She finishes, looking down. "What! No, but you can't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, and and..." "You know the truth? I'm terrified too. I'm so scared, but I know deep inside that nothing will happen. And, I don't want to guilt trip you (mind voice: although technically that's what I'm doing) but honestly, I don't want to go without you by my side." She whispers. Arjun's frown softens. He looks over to his friends who give him thumbs up, as they head inside to get suited up. "You sure this thing is safe?" He asks the person behind the desk. "100%, there have been no accidents for as long as we know of!" The person smiles. "Okay, then let's go." Arjun says, taking Priya's hand. "Arjun, honestly though, I am actually scared. Don't let go?" She asks in her cute voice. He squeezes her hand. "Never," he whispers. They head inside with the rest of their group, and get suited up. After numerous safety tests and a quick rundown of rules and safety things, they get hooked up and head out.

Soon enough they're outside and on the edge of the CN Tower. They all stay close to the tower at first, terrified to move to the edge. Then, one by one, starting with Vaishu who drags Jai with her, they go to the edge. Priya grasps Arjun's arm and Jai grasps Vaishu's. They all end up holding each other's hands as the follow their guide in doing the 'toe above Toronto' stunt, where they quite literally move their toe over the edge and above Toronto. After a while, when their fears have mostly subsided, they lean backwards and take the photos. Since they couldn't bring their own phones or any other loose objects, other than their glasses/sunglasses (which was connected to them with a harness), it was all done by the tower company itself. As their time ran out, they took one final photo with all of them together.

After that, they head to Ripley's Aquarium and a basketball game before heading back to the hotel. They were all exhausted, and Priya and Arjun were too tired to complain when Vaishu and Kavya pushed them back to their separate room.