Chapter 22

Once inside their room, and changed into their pjs, Priya traps Arjun into a corner. "Woah, mangamma is being super bold now, what happened?" Arjun laughs, clasping his hands behind her back. "Now that we're officially engaged, I don't need to be careful in fear of you leaving me. I know now that you're stuck with me forever." She giggles. Despite her voice having a playful tone, Arjun knew that the underlying tone was her anxiety disappearing. Which was good, he just had to be careful to not bring it back. This time, when Priya leans in and their lips meet, it feels shocking. Their lips tingle as they explore new territory. The kiss is full of passion and a lack of thought. Arjun starts nibbling on her bottom lip, causing her to open her mouth, resulting in a whole new feeling. They both feel their cheeks heat up as their tongues touch for the first time. As they explore each other, their hands stay surprisingly still. Priya's found their way behind Arjun's neck, where they tugged at his hair. One of Arjun's hands tucked underneath her hair, supporting her head, while the other caressed and supported her cheek. When they break apart for air, Priya turns around embarrassed, but is pulled back into Arjun's arms. "That was, enchanted." She breathes out. "It was," he agrees. They stand like this for a few moments. "So you punished me, can we go to sleep now?" Priya smiles, her cheeks still warm and her lips still tingling. "About that," Arjun scratches the back of his head. "Actually you were the first to confess, I lied to get you to kiss me." "Wait what when?" Priya asks and Arjun explains the situation. "Omg Kaduvule that's so embarrassing." She mumbles, placing her head in her hands. "Hey it was adorable okay?" He replies putting an arm around her. "You're such a liar Arjun, so now it's time for your punishment. I won't actually confess until after our wedding!" She pouts. "Come on Priya, that's not fair. I wanted to hear you say it so badly tonight." Arjun pouts. "Then you shouldn't have lied saying that you were first!" Priya laughs, climbing into the bed. "Mangamma, Malayalam mangamma. Eppa paathalum enna torture panra." He mumbles under his breath before climbing in beside her. He wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her into him. "Arjun," Priya whispers. He gives a small noise of what. "Thank you," she whispers staring at the ring. "Thank you so much." His arm wraps around tighter. "Love you" he whispers, kissing her neck. And they fall asleep like that.