Chapter 23

When Priya wakes up, it's because of Arjun's phone. Him being the deep sleeper he is, didn't awake to answer the call. Mumbling, Priya leans over Arjun and picks it up. It was Jai. "Hey Jai, good morning," she yawns. "Priya? Didn't Arjun get up yet." He questions. "Of course not, don't you know him? He could sleep through a tornado," she laughs. "That's true, once he fell asleep in a movie theatre!" Jai laughs. "Anyways, Biju and Ashok invited us to their house for breakfast and they're coming to pick us up in an hour." "I'll wake up Arjun and we'll meet you in our rooms in, say, 45min•" Priya responds and ends the call. She's about to get up when suddenly Arjun turns over causing her to lose her balance. She almost falls off the bed when he holds her waist tight, making her lay directly on top of him, with her arms on either side of him being the only things stopping her from completely being on top of him. "Arjun!" She exclaims. "So I can sleep through a tornado huh? You're slowly making me the laughing stock in my friend group." He tickles her waist until they're both laying side by side on the bed. "Finally, I can breathe, you're so heavy you know? Paavam naan," Arjun pouts. "Not fair Arjun, you're the one who's like a rock." She pouts. He squishes her cheek with a smile. "Now get ready, Biju is picking us up soon for breakfast." He laughs before running to the washroom to escape her wrath. "That's my line!" She shouts, rolling her eyes with a smile. One night after getting engaged, and she already couldn't wait until this was their everyday life.

As she was getting ready, she got a call from Manju. "Molei, how are you? Kavi sonnal neenga nettu call panninga, ellam okay right? Nettu sick a irundingal indhu sonaal? Everything okay? I heard Arjun maapillai is the one who helped you?" She rambles on. "Slow down Amma, everything is great, I'm good, and so is Vaishu. But yes nalla thittunum Vaishu va, she slept like a log and didn't help me at all! Some sister!" She pouts, unable to control the sneaking smile on her face. Manju laughs. "I knew Vaishu wouldn't be much help, but that's why maapillai is there! Kavi, Appa and I know that he will take care of you! He seems to be just like Bala maapillai!" "Ma! He's not your maapillai and neither is Bala mama!" "Yet. But they will be soon!" Manju giggles. "Ma, not yet. But yah, he is a lot like Bala mama. I always used to say how Akka was lucky, maybe my luck is growing now too.." They both smile. "But Amma, you have to tell Periyamma how Vaishu is being mean to me!" Priya laughs. "Don't worry, Anu is going to hear about this right away!" Manju laughs. "Manju, can you not be that obvious who your favourite is?" Unni laughs in the background. "Like you're any better Appa!" Kavitha cries. "You're favourite is Priya too, and you don't even try to hide it!" Priya laughs. Unni takes the phone from Manju, with Kavitha right beside him. "So molei, how is everything? You're safe right? And happy? If you're not, you can take the next fligh-" "Pa, I'm extremely happy here, don't worry." Priya smiles. "Of course you are, you're with your Arjun are you not?"" Kavitha adds. "Parungo Appa, eppadi enna tease pannra!" Priya pouts. "Kavi, give your thangachi a break." Manju and Unni tell her. "Hey! I don't recall you telling her that when I first met Bala!" Kavitha frowns. "Appa and Amma will always support me Akka," Priya smiles sticking her tongue out. "You're sticking your tongue out aren't you?" Kavitha groans while Priya laughs. Kavitha then takes the phone and steps outside for some privacy. "Seri, Ammei and Appei are inside, how is everything, honestly?" Kavitha whispers. "Akka, trust me. Everything's perfect. It's only our second day here, stop worrying about me!" She laughs. "Priya..... It's your first night away from home after everything. You couldn't even sleep alone here, especially during this time during the month. Be honest with me, please. Any nightmares or anxiety attacks?" Kavitha asks, her heart racing with the hope that what she had believed was true. She believed that Priya wouldn't have any mental troubles there, which is the only reason why she let her go. "I'm telling the truth Akka... I'm perfectly fine. And.... I know you will kill me, but Arjun actually slept beside me these past two nights, since I was supposed to be sleeping alone." Priya sighs, remembering last night. Kavitha lets out a sigh of relief, wiping her sweaty palms on her chudidar. "I know you, and I know him and his family. I know how he was raised with two sisters. I trust you both." "Wow. That was the first time you didn't tease me." Priya exclaims. "Come back to India, and you're in for some major teasing! Anyways, I'm surprised Vaishu didn't realize yet." Kavitha says. "Wait," Priya sits down on the bed, "you didn't tell her anything?" "I'm not that bad of a sister. I promised I wouldn't tell your friends, nor your family, and I didn't." Kavitha replies crossing her fingers. "Thanks Akka. Love you, and miss you." Priya sighs. "Love you too, bye." Kavitha replies with a sigh. "Sorry, Priya, but I broke your trust. I told Arjun... Hopefully that proves to be a good decision." She whispers to herself.
Priya sighs and slips down to the floor, leaning her back against the edge of the bed, and her knees up to her chin, a dark cloud looming over as she thinks back to her fears. "Everything okay?" Arjun whispers, sitting down beside her. She leans her head onto his shoulder, silent. He kisses her forehead, and leaves a soft kiss on her lips before she speaks. "Thank you." She rubs her eyes and stands up. "I was just missing everyone." She says, answering his earlier question. "Did you talk to your family yet?" "Yep, after you fell asleep last night. You snore so loudly you know? It was so hard to keep everything a secret from them, but luckily I was able to blame Manoj." Priya slaps his shoulder and then bursts into a laugh. "You're so annoying" she laughs. "Me?" He points to himself with surprise. "I heard your conversation, you were snitching on Vaishu and teasing your sister, and now suddenly I'm the annoying one?" She hits his arm again and continues laughing. "Go wash your face, and we'll head out, okay?" Arjun says. She smiles. "What can I do, I'm stuck with you for life, so I have to listen to all this!" Arjun laughs before pushing Priya into the washroom