Priya's Birthday

Priyas Birthday:
It wasn't long before Priya's birthday rolled around the corner. Arjun was confused as to what to get her. He didn't want to scare her off by giving a ring or something that signified that he liked her. No, he didn't want to tell her that yet. He knew from talking to Vaishu that Priya preferred people proposing on a normal day; giving the day a reason to be special on its own. Taking that advice he saved the promise ring for later. He steps into the store and meets up with Kavitha and Vaishu. "So mama, why'd you call us all here?" Vaishu asks. "Am I your mama? I'm the same age as you Vaishu!" Arjun playfully punches Vaishu. "Well Priya is like my sister, being my cousin sister and all, and my sister's husband is my mama is he not?" Vaishu playfully replied. Arjun blushes slightly. "I'm not her husband, and I don't even know if she likes me back yet." He confesses. Kavitha laughs "oh she likes you alright, she just doesn't know it yet!" Arjun smiles hopefully. "Anyways what should I get Priya for her birthday, I need ideas! I already have a promise ring I'm giving later, but something else for this." He says eyeing Vaishu for he knew this would be her first suggestion. "Priya was wanting a charm bracelet recently." Kavitha starts, "we were going to buy it for her, but we found her a beautiful dress instead." "Oh yah! I remember Priya showing me a picture of one she liked!" Vaishu adds. Arjun smiles, "well then let's go get one."

Off to the side, without their knowledge, Priya was watching them. She felt terrible seeing them laugh and talk. "Why didn't they invite me to shop with them?" She thought to herself. It didn't strike to her that they were getting her a birthday gift. Feeling depressed, she left. At home, Priya kept thinking to herself why she felt this way. "Why should I care if Arjun would rather spend time with Vaishu and Kavitha ka? If he likes Vaishu i should be happy for her, and if he doesn't like me, fine!" But even with the pep talk, Priya couldn't get her mind off of Arjun.

Finally the big day arrived. Priya's birthday. Her friends came over to her house bright and early. Vaishu had slept over, and had brought them into Priya's room. "Happy Birthday!!!" They all yelled and squished Priya into a giant bear hug. "Thank youuu," Priya says out of breath. "Now let go of me, so I can breathe." She laughs. They let go to see what Priya was wearing. They shared a look. "Omg Priya, you're looking like a Princess today!" Vaishu squeals. "You are just looking so stylish Priya!" Vandhana adds. "A year older, and you got the style to prove it!" Sukanya laughs.  "Liars! This is something a year younger me would wear as well!" Priya laughs. "Hey! We were just trying to be nice to the bday girl!" Sukanya laughs, "but you do look like a cutesy Priya Princess today!" In their heads though, they were all excited to see Arjun's expression to what Priya was wearing.

Priya