Chapter 19

Arjun came over as soon as he received her text, wearing a black suit with a maroon tie to match Priya. Once he saw her, he froze. Sweat beads formed on his forehead as he rushed over to her. He managed to control himself at the last second before he threw himself at her. "You. Look. Breathtaking." He sighs, tracing her chin with his finger. "Thanks, you look so dashing too." Priya replies with a smile. "Come let's go then, before the others show up." She laughs, taking Arjun's hand.

The enter the elevator and Arjun presses the top floor. "We're going to the nuit des Paris tonight" he says. "Isn't that on the top floor?" Priya asks. "Yep."

The enter the restaurant and take their reserved seats. They were away from the main area, but there were still a couple people around them. Sitting down, Arjun found his gifts waiting underneath his chair. Quickly, he made sure that Priya hadn't seen them, before calling a waiter over. They order their food and eat, partially in silence. The only noise was the clinking of the forks against the plates. However the dinner was far from awkward with their legs intertwined underneath the table and their eyes filled with love. Then came time for dessert. Remembering the key word for his surprise, Arjun ordered a red velvet cake, while Priya, oblivious to the surprise, smiled, thinking that Arjun ordered it because he knew that she loved red velvet.