Chapter 21

Once in front of their rooms, both Priya and Arjun are surprised to see their room doors locked, and their key cards not working. Immediately, Priya calls Vaishu with a sneaking feeling of what their friends had planned. "Vaishu! I'm here, open the door please," she says. "Sorry chechi, Biju told us mama's plan for tonight so now you too have your own room for the night! Well, technically it's Kavya's and Praveen's, but since Praveen is in the States right now, it was just Kavya there, and now she's here, so the room's yours!" Vaishu rambles. "Hi Priya Akka! Enjoy the night, but make sure not to mess up my room too much, I need it back tomorrow!" Kavya laughs. "And Kavitha Chechi would kill all of us if you two aren't careful! So be careful but enjoy your romance!" Vaishu laughs. "Vaishu, no. This is too much, come on, let me in!" Priya pleads. "Come on chechi, I'm not an idiot, I can hear your happiness over the phone! The keys you have are for the room and its three doors over on the opposite side. Your clothes and makeup and basically your whole suitcase is already there. Enjoy and good night!" Vaishu hangs up.

"What happened?" Arjun asked. "Well, Biju spilled the beans about your whole plan, so now we have Kavya's room all to ourselves... " Priya sighs. "Wow, your sister is good. We gotta remember all this when she and Jai finally match up!" Arjun says, as he walks towards Kavya's room. "Wait, so you're not mad?" Priya asks. "Why should I be?" He says opening the door. "I get to have you for the whole night with no one interrupting us! Are you mad?" "Not at all," she admits, heading to her suitcase. They quickly change into regular clothes in the washroom and head out for their walk. Priya was wearing jeans and a purple hoodie, while Arjun wore jeans and a blue hoodie, both wearing jackets and winter accessories on top. Priya had on a pink hat and matching mittens and a scarf, while Arjun wore a grey scarf with black gloves. They walked outside, to find it slightly chilly with small snowflakes falling. The perfect weather for a winter walk. Since it was pretty late, Arjun made sure to keep an arm around Priya, to keep her safe. Despite Biju telling him Canada was much safer at night than India, he was still cautious. Despite the time, they found many others on walks as well, which lessened his worry. "Shall we talk about our future together?" Priya asks, clapping her mittens together. "How about the name for the third child then?" Arun replies. "How about Anjali?" Priya responds looking up. "Or Nila." "Anjali Arjun, AA, just like Aditya Arjun." Arjun smiles. "Hey! Then my Pooja's the only one who's different." She pouts. "None of them are real yet and you're already choosing favourites?" He laughs. "Can't help it," she shrugs, "something about the name makes me feel like she'll be my first child." "So then Nila Arjun would be cute too. I can imagine chasing her up and down the stairs, and you calling her to eat." Arjun sighs. "I can imagine Pooja running to me whenever she has a nightmare. I can imagine all three of them pushing you off the bed so that they can sleep with their Amma." Priya sighs. "I can imagine-" Arjun chuckles, "I can imagine them running towards me when they've done something wrong. And complaining that you talk too much!" Priya slaps his arm. "Maybe Adi and Nila, but not my Pooja. She'll be by my side always. Something about the names makes me think Adi will be your pet, Pooja mine, and Nila the apple of everyone's eyes." "I see Adi as my first child, and Nila as the youngest. But they all act the same age, at times mature for their age, and at times immature. Just like you." he flicks her nose. They walk a bit in silence before Priya speaks. "You know what I just realized?" "What?" Arjun asks. "You're a terrible fiance! You went straight from friendship to engagement! We didn't have that period of being in a relationship!" She laughs. "Hey, unlike you, I thought our friendship was a relationship, what with the small kisses and the romance." He kisses the top of her head, only to be met with her hat. Priya giggles, earning a glare from Arjun.
They walk into a park and sit down on a semi-dry bench. Priya places her head on Arjun's shoulder, as his arm wraps tightly around her. They sit like that for a few moments, watching the stars and the bright moon. "So... I was the first to confess, and you still haven't said those three magical words. What should be your punishment?" Arjun acts like he's deep in thought, scratching his chin with a finger. "It'll obviously be something that benefits you, so let's get this over with." Priya smiles as she stands up. "Where are you going?" Arjun asks, standing up. "Back to the room, so that I can face my punishment." She smiles. They take each others' hand and walk back to the hotel.

Precap: A special moment for the love birds ❤️