Dark Shadow

Chapter 17 (Unknown)

I knew when I told the guy to go to that damned town that it would take him too long to get the flipping answers! I should have known to choose someone else! Why didn't I pick someone who has more of the devil than the angel inside of them? Trevor is neither devil nor halfway there!

The phone rings, caller ID: Diego Francesco

"What? Have you found something that's worthwhile for me to hear?"

"Well, Amelie hasn't given many hints off. But I know that Alayna is her daughter." He sounds pleased with himself, I am far from pleased.

"I know that you fool! Have you sourced some useful information?"

"Well...no not exactly, how much longer have I got to put up this roleplay? Alayna is nice its just I don't want to keep on putting a play on and a false smile every time I see her!"

I refuse to answer.

"Ok, Alayna was ill a couple of weeks ago. She started coughing up blood and had to drink Amelie's blood to get better, it was something in the human blood she drank-"

I hang up. Why are humans so stupid?

Chapter 18 (Amelie)

It has been a very trying time. My daughter being ill, myself under the strain of feeding her every few hours and only now having got my strength back, the wolf returning after openly admitting murder (although I can't really object to that as I can't court the amount of people I've killed throughout my long life) and Diego proposing to my daughter. There's something... Off about him, I just can't put my finger on it. The best place to think things through is over a pile of paperwork; where you can't be interrupted. Carl just left to pick up the wolf and I haven't seen Diego for a few days, my daughter has locked herself in her room to catch up with school work as she is starting at University next week, and here I am; contemplating over a sky high pile of paperwork.

Its dark when I finally emerge from my study, just the time of day we vampires prefer. Strolling down the corridor and into the kitchen I go to the kitchen to get to a bag of blood, its not until I reach for the fridge that I remember. The blood was all thrown out to stop what happened to Alayna happening to anyone else. I sigh, I'll have to put some effort into getting a meal tonight. I go upstairs and put my, what I like to call hunting gear, black skin tight trousers and a skin tight vest top on (along with gloves to stop blood from staining my hands.)

Heading outside, with an escort in the form of a bodyguard, I see Carl's car pull up. The wolf gets out of the car.

"Melanie", I say my cold stare burning into her (she squirms uncomfortably), "How nice it is to see you again. You will be staying in the room next to my daughter's; she is currently in her room working ready for when she goes to University next week. If you wish to see her I'm sure she'll be grateful to relieve her studies earlier than planned." Carl nods his head at me and leads her inside.

I haven't been hunting in years, this should be fun.