An Old Enemy

Chapter 19 (Alayna)

My first day at university is nerve wracking. I'm the only vampire that enrolled this year, I have every right to be nervous. Of course people know I'm a vampire, they just don't know I'm the Founder's daughter, hmm... that went down extremely well...

"We have a new student joining our Biology class today", (I'd decided to drop Chem and Physics), " What is your name my dear?"
"Alayna, Professor."
"Alayna what?"
"Alayna Bishop." Gasps chorused throughout the class, everyone stared at me.
"Oh...well...I never knew...I'm sorry", she stuttered, " I just never knew she had a daughter."
"Its fine professor, everyone might as well know now anyway, but please treat me as you would any other student." I sat down alone on the bench in the corner at the back of the classroom, I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself than I already had. After Biology class I went to the art block and borrowed a sketchbook (I love to draw but I hadn't had the chance to sustain my artwork for at least two centuries), I then sat outside and began to draw what I saw around me.

The buildings that are the university and the countless flower beds, that stifle your senses and make you smell nature, full of daffodils, dahlias, primroses and pretty peach coloured roses. The desert beyond the town (in the far North) features in the distance of my sketches, the roofs of the buildings in Morganville to the South and the pointless nude statue in the middle of the Quad in the university.

My mother is in the drawing room when I eventually pry myself away from my drawings two hours later. "Alayna, where have you been?" She stands up and rushes towards me, "I've been so worried, I thought something had happened to you!" She hugs me tight. What on Earth is going on!?

"Mum?" I say, quite surprised. "What's happened? Why are you so worried?"

"You don't know?" She asks, stepping back and holding me at arms length.

"Know what mother?" I begin to worry now.

"He has returned."

Enjoyed this book? Want to read a sequel? Well you're in luck! A sequel is coming soon!