Meetings

Chapter 5 (Alyssa)

Its been a month since I moved here and I have finally managed to clean the entire top floor and most of the bottom floor. The only rooms I have left is the pantry and the dining area (still stacked with paper). I sit down at the table and get to work. The first three sheets are something about Protection from the Founder, I have no idea who that is, and the rest of it is old bills. On instinct I keep the Protection papers to the side and bin the old bills, some of them dated to 2009 (its now 2015 if you haven't kept track of the year).

I pick up the papers I left to the side. "What is this?" I whisper to myself, "These weren't here a few weeks ago were they?"
"You are not going mad. In fact you are quite sane." A voice says from behind me. I jump so much so that I end up swinging out of my chair and slamming myself against the wall, breathing heavily. A young women with glossy blonde hair is stood in the middle of the room, she is beautiful but has a cold look in her grey eyes.
"I apologise for startling you my dear. I have the tendency to do that. I am the Founder, you would know me as Amelie." Its her.
"You were the one that rescued me?" She nods slightly in response, "I'm afraid that didn't do much for me. I lost both of my families, adoptive and real, within a few short years."
"And for that I am greatly sorry, I would like you to come with me now. Do not look so frightened child, I will not hurt you."
"Its not you that I am worried about." I say, indicating behind her.
"Alayna please stop messing around. Alyssa is a friend not an enemy." The girl behind her backs off and I get the courage to walk towards Amelie, who takes me firmly but the arm and guides me outside to where a black car awaits us.