Endgame

Chapter 10 (Alayna)

I need to kill her. I don't know why, I just feel the need to kill her. Alyssa. But there's a problem; she's a vampire. I can't kill her unless she strikes first meaning that I could kill her in self defence.

Alyssa

A loud knock on the front door tears me away from my slumber, I must have fallen asleep on the sofa. The television is still on, was the show really that boring? I shrug and switch it off. I glance at the clock; 3am in the morning. Did someone actually knock or was it in my dream? I strain my ears to listen and sure enough there is someone knocking on the door.

Its Alayna, she pushes her way into the house. "Hey!" I exclaim surprised, "What are you doing? Its 3am in the morning!"
She considers me for a moment, "No love, its 3 in the evening. You really have to get to grips with the vampire body clock." She sits on the edge of the sofa.

I have a sudden urge to rip her to pieces. I can't stop myself. The next thing I know someone fully clothed in black pins me to the ground and stabs me with a silver stake.

Alayna

"Who are you?" I stand up slowly. The person stands up, its one of my mothers bodyguards. "You followed me here. Why?" I already know the answer though.
"I was worried about you. My daughter." My mother says as she steps out from behind her bodyguard.
"Yeah, when are you not?" I mutter. She hears me but blatently ignores my comment.
"You got what you came for, my guard will deal with the body. Now will you come home?"
I nod in reply.

It sure is good to be home. The town as normal as it could be. My mother and I will remain here for as long as we are able. If something goes drastically wrong then we will leave, but we'd rather stay within the borders of our safe town... Welcome to Morganville, you'll never want to leave...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I'd like to thank you all once again for reading Amelie's Daughter (and the two sequels). I will be writing more in the near future so keep your eyes peeled...some may be vampire based, some might not be...I guess you'll find out when we get there.

Amelie's Daughter based on the Morganville series by Rachel Caine. All rights of location and most characters go to her. I own the two characters of Alayna and Chloe/Melanie. Thanks again. Bye for now