Recall The Past

Chapter 8 (Amelie)

"I will not let you out of my sight!" Its always the same argument. My daughter constantly worries me, she's almost died twice under my very nose and I will not allow a third! "You are not to go out, unless I go with you."
"But mum, I have to go to school!"
"Well then I'll go with you," she begins to open her mouth, "No buts. I am going with you and that is the end of the conversation." I turn to Mark, "will you go with Alayna to her room to ensure that she doesn't....stray?"
"Yes ma'am." They both walk away.

Alayna

I sigh inwardly and roll my eyes. Why? Just why does my mother seem really protective over me? Ok, granted I nearly died...twice but come on. So now not only do I have three (new) bodyguards, I also have my mother trailing after me. I say new because after the little....incident they decided that the best way forward was to lose their heads (not really, my mother decided that the best was forward was for them to lose their heads.), I was against it but my voice was not heard over my mother and Oliver put together. It turns out that they were spies like Farland from England, they weren't there to protect me they were there to kill me.

Amelie

Its quiet in the limo, Alayna is ignoring me. Every time I catch her eye she deliberately looks out of the window. She knows that arguing will do her no good, I do not give in so easily. When I emerge from the car it is easy to tell who is locals and who is not. The locals of the town glance at me but quickly turn away realising who I am but the others...I receive a few stares from the others. I'm not dressed in my usual attire for I thought I would look out of place, instead I did something I thought I'd never do...I bought a pair of black skinny jeans. A few jaws dropped open when I went into the drawing room this morning, it was quite amusing. I am also wearing a black blouse and have my long wavy hair sweeping past my shoulders, I do not look like I did yesterday to say the least. My daughter is wearing similar clothing, only she chose to wear a plain light grey T-shirt with her dark grey skinny jeans, and she too has her blonde hair down. We look so alike that we could pass for twins, in fact we get asked a few times.

Our first class is Biology, the teacher is a local and he recognises us instantly.
"Founder?" He says in a hushed voice.
"Thomas", I reply, " For today I am escorting Alayna to each of her classes. Besides I quite enjoy Biology. We will stay out of your way towards the back and we will not lay a finger on anyone." Thomas nods and gestures for us to go to the desk near the back of the room before the rest of the class arrive.

Alayna

Today isn't going too badly. My mother is wearing jeans, yes I know jeans! Now that is a sight I thought I'd never see! Its now lunch time so we are sat in the University Centre, my mother is on the phone sorting out something at the office as usual. Eve is behind the bar and, with an approving nod from my mother, I go to order some drinks. I order a cappuccino for myself and a black coffee for my mother.