Epilogue

Brittany Devereaux's POV

I stood in front of the full length mirror, admiring the dress Sonia and Chloe had picked out for me. It was gorgeous. But I didn't feel very excited about today's event. I didn't want it. I only wanted the realm to be ruled by an impartial person, someone who could be trusted by everyone. I didn't consider myself to be that person but apparently, almost everyone did. But I didn't want it. But I also didn't want to disappoint anyone.

I reminisced my battle with Dexter, the battle that almost killed us, thanks to Dexter's evil backup plan. Four months ago, we could have been dead. But one thing kept us alive.

Fate.

Samantha somehow managed to figure out what Dexter's real plan was and used it against him. Now Dexter was finally dead!

Eh, not actually dead, more like a living dead.

And Cole's father, he was sent to a place that was really suitable for him.

After studying him for two weeks, everyone decided that the man had a serious mental problem... And had also psychopathic traits. So we sent him to a mental asylum... One that was specially built for supernatural creatures.

Sonia silently walked into the room and surprised me with a hug. I hugged her back, relishing the comfort that her hug gave me. Soon enough, I started to cry. I felt my mascara running down my face, the make up that was caked on my face was melting down.

Stupid tears, now my makeup was ruined. I cried more.

After crying for another three minutes, I finally stopped.

"Sorry," I croaked out. "I ruined your... Uh, shoulder?"

Sonia was wearing a strapless dress so my tears didn't ruin her clothing.

I picked up a beige coloured handkerchief and wiped off the mascara colored tears on her shoulder.

Sonia chuckled a bit and said,

"You'll be fine Britt, you'll be the best queen this realm has ever had". She said.

"I'm the first," I remind her.

She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever". She said.

"Start wiping off your makeup, I'll get Chloe". She says and leaves the room.

I picked up the aloe vera wipes and started wiping off whatever makeup was left on my face while waiting for Sonia and Chloe.

They finally arrived and Chloe started applying my makeup. Again.

~
It was finally time for my speech. Panic set in.

Cole squeezed my hand reassuringly. I smiled at him.

He looked really good in the tuxedo paired with the designer shoes and all.

"You look good too, mi amore". He whispered in my ear.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to stop myself from punching his arm. He's been suffering lots of punches from me lately.

Instead, I created a barrier in my mind, so he'd stop listening to my thoughts.

"Blocking me now, are we?" He whispered.

I ignored him, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

A few minutes later, my name was announced. I placed my hand in Cole's as he helped me to stand up.

With Cole by my side, we both stepped up the podium.

I picked up the microphone, took a deep breath and began my speech.