Chapter 22- Ceremony.

Cole's POV

***
I walked to dad's office hurriedly, I was still furious about what happened two days ago.

I have some rites to perform with Rhea before the ceremony. 

I was happy Brittany wasn't mad at me anymore but dad had to interrupt us.

Talking to her made me feel so relaxed.

I pushed the thoughts of Brittany aside when I got to the sacred place for twin rites.

We did tons of things during the rites. We had to pierce our skins for droplets of blood needed for the ritual.

Did I forget to mention that Rhea looked so different than the last time?

Her hair was looking so much better than the rough mess on her head the last time I saw her. She was wearing a black dress with shiny studs around it. Her Pearl necklace matched so well with her dress. She was obviously putting on a lot of make-up. She put on a silver stiletto and her signature sweet smile made everything perfect.

Our bloods were required for the ceremony before transformation.

After the rites, I stayed back, waiting for dad to speak with whoever he was speaking with.

He texted me saying there was something I had to see.

I was still really angry with him for keeping Rhea from me for years.

When he was done, he walked over to me and said

"Son, you've just completed the first step of your ceremony".

"That's pretty obvious". I said, rolling my eyes.

"Let's go". He said but I held him back.

"I hope it's not something that will make me angry because I wouldn't spare you this time". I said, with threat in my voice.

He shrugged.

"We both know you can't do anything to me even if I get you angry". He said.

I growled.

He patted my back.

***

We went into the castle's library and closed the door behind us.

He pulled out a box and brought out the prettiest pearl necklace I had seen in my almost two hundred years of living.

I almost gasped at the beauty but I remembered that I wasn't here to marvel at pretty things.

"What does a pearl necklace have to do with anything?" I asked

"This is your mother's necklace. She always wanted to give it to her daughter in-law before she-" He said, sniffing like he was actually crying.

I wouldn't fall for it because she didn't die because it was her time to, he refused to make her immortal when she needed it the most, he let her die and now he's acting like he was devastated about her death.

He even threw a birthday party for one of his closest friends some days after my mom's death. I'm not exaggerating this but I can say he was the drunkest vampire at the party.

That's one of the many reasons why I decided to get my own castle and my own followers. I couldn't bear to live with someone like that. He was nothing but a cold hearted animal.

"Don't act like you care". I snorted. "We all know what you did a few days after mom's death". I said, referring to the party.

"I told you to stop talking about that". He growled. "I only did that to push the memories of her away. I can't remain sad for the rest of my life, can I?"