Chapter 39

It was finally the day of the wedding. Nervous was an understatement for how I felt. I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen if we got caught.

I looked at myself in the mirror to do a last check. I was putting on an off shoulder sleek black dress with splits on both sides. The dress was beautiful. I was also putting on my diamond studded collar. The makeup artist had done mine and Chloe's makeup. The hairstylist had styled our hair too.

Everything we put on was similar except out collars. Chloe's collar was beautiful just that it wasn't diamond studded.

For the first time in a long time, I could say I looked elegant. We were even given silver wedges.

"You look stunning". Chloe said.

"Thanks. You too,"

"Thanks."

Chloe's master came to pick her up later so I was the only person left in the room. Later, someone knocked one the door. It was Cole.

"So I'm gonna send a slave to drop you off at the pets' section. I need to stay in my room till the ritual is completed". He said.

"Why are you dressed as the groom?" I asked.

"If anyone sees me not dressed as the groom, they might get suspicious."

"Oh-"

"Let's go". He said after attaching my leash to my collar.

He suddenly stopped by the door.

"You look beautiful by the way," He whispered in my ear, making my face heat up.

"T- thanks". I stuttered.

Then we went out of the room.

"Your mask," He said, handing over a beautiful silver mask to me.

"Thank you- master". I said.

"Make sure she gets to the pets' section." He told the slave.

The slave nodded and tugged on my leash harshly.

"Don't treat her with animosity. If I see as much as a scratch on her, you may as well forget about using your fingers for the rest of your life". He threatened.

The slave visibly shuddered.

"Leave now". Cole said.

~

The ritual had almost begun and I was so bored out of my wits. I arrived too early.  Royal pets were confined to a smaller room in the pets' section with enough foods and snacks. Cole came in to discuss some changes in our original plan with me.

"I was supposed to hide in my room till after the ritual but I have to meet all the dignitaries. Damon doesn't know my business relationship with them. Some of them may talk business so I'll swap with Damon when the commencement of the ritual is announced. As my pet, you have to be with me till the beginning of the ritual, okay?"

"Yes, master," I said.

"Let's go now." He said, as he held my leash.

~

As Cole had predicted, some of them did talk about business. Some of them even made remarks about me. Remarks that made me want to snort so badly but I knew better than to do that.

Out of all the dignitaries, only one of  them gave me scary vibes.

Lord Martin.

He's the second most important council member with Cole being the third. He rules a kingdom and controls the northern region. He is also highly respected by vampires and humans too.