Chapter 26

Brittany's POV

It was finally time to leave.

I tailed after Cole with my head bowed down as we walked down the hallway.

We were going to meet Rhea. She told Cole that she found out something incredible.

I wonder what it is. It's probably some crazy discovery.

We finally got to a golden door that flung open after Cole knocked twice revealing Rhea in her unblemished beauty.

Her hair, though it was slightly disheveled, was packed sideways in a ponytail. She was wearing a black dress which was parted by the side, slightly revealing her thighs. She didn't have any shoes or jewelries on yet but she still looked so sexy.

I'm straight but some females just look so beautiful, like damn!

She smiled warmly as she ushered me and Cole into her luxurious room.

Cole's room was more spacious, definitely, but the decoration made the room more elegant.

The major color was gold.

Literally everything in her room had a golden touch on it, even the black and golden walls were not excluded.

Her queen sized bed was also gold. The only things that were excluded were the sheets and duvets which were white and floral patterned respectively.

She dragged Cole into what I assume was her closet and shut the door behind them.

'How rude?' My subconscious snorted.

Yeah, that was rude.

***
Cole's POV

I stared at the papers blankly.

This was totally unbelievable!

I really didn't know how to spill the information to Britt.

It'll break her. Like she'll be really unhappy.

I couldn't help but read her thoughts.

She called Rhea crazy.

She was still rambling about how rude Rhea was to close the door like that.

Well, it was for her own good.

"She actually thought we were dating when you first introduced us and now she's grumbling about my rudeness". Rhea chuckled. "She thinks I'm a crazy twin. Now I know why you talk about her so much".

She can also read thoughts. It's also one of the many abilities she got.

Unlike me, she can't read through Britt's memory because I drank her blood.

Lemme explain well.

Vampire royals are graced with many abilities after their coming of age ceremony.

Some royals are often able to read minds but they can't read through the memories unless they drink the person's blood.

There's also a limit to reading of minds when a vampire doesn't drink the person's blood.

When you haven't drank from the person, some thoughts will be easily blocked from you but if you have, it'll be really difficult to block the thoughts.

That's what applies with me and Brittany. I even get to listen to her silly conversation with her annoying subconscious.

I don't get to have conversations with my subconscious anymore but it's always there to help when I need some advice.

After I woke up on the glass table, I found out that they actually left Brittany on the floor after she passed out.

I was told that I almost killed her and she only had 40% chance of living by the time we fell unconscious so all they could do was to leave her there not even attempting to stop the bleeding. Her chances of surviving were definitely lower because she seemed to have lost quite a large amount of blood.

I was furious. I couldn't fire the guards on duty because I didn't employ them but that didn't mean I didn't do my emotions justice. I beat them up to pulp after I made sure Brittany was safe.

Dad heard about it and got suspicious.
He even tried to persuade me to get another pet but that didn't work either.

Before I came of age, I knew I had feelings for Britt and I succeeded in keeping my feelings at bay but now I couldn't do that anymore. All my efforts were proven abortive so there was only one way.

I had to avoid being my usual casual self with her. I had to enforce some Master  and Pet laws. The laws I hated so much.

Those laws didn't bother me before but after I met Britt, I suddenly felt like strangling those stupid laws.

But that was so impossible.

After the ceremony, I felt different. I sounded different too but I didn't know what I looked like. I didn't want to know.

After finishing up some documents, I went to check up on Britt only to find out that she was awake.

I felt so relieved. I wanted to wrap my arms around her petite figure but I knew better than to do that.

I noticed that her hand stopped going further to pick up the glass of water on the table when she saw me by the door. I wasn't surprised that she was checking me out, not even batting an eyelash.

Her jaws even dropped. I rolled my eyes at her as she continued ogling me.

It was obvious that she trying to say something  but the words got stuck in her throat.

Her dirty thoughts really turned me on but-

After many attempts, she finally spoke.

"W-who are y-you?" She stuttered.

She seriously doesn't recognize me?!?

Oh yeah, I knew that before.

By the way she described me in her thoughts, I was actually pleased but again she could be exaggerating.

"Isn't it obvious?". I said

...

Curiosity killed me so I walked into one of the empty bathrooms to check myself out and oh boy, did I look good?!?

I was expecting to look older with slightly creased forehead and all but my expectations were proven wrong.

I looked more mature and hotter too.

Now I know why Britt ogled me for so long.

But why did I get a golden hair?!? I really don't like it. It's not like I dyed my hair in gold-

Well, I was still in love with my looks.

Yeah, my looks boosted my ego.
*

I stared at the papers I was holding again and let out a huge sigh.

I knew I had to tell her real soon because I don't want someone else telling her but the question was how in fuck's name will I say it without breaking her heart?

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

How are y'all doing?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just comment it.

Till next update.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all😘❤😘