Chapter 45

Brittany's POV

"You?" I squeaked.

"Yes, me". Lord Dexter said.

I knew Cole didn't like him, he probably knew that too but why did I have to get involved in the business between two vampire lords?

Or was it about me being a... What was it again... A Devereaux?

"I'm surprised you're still alive". He said, moving closer to where I was sitting.

"What do you want?" I gritted out.

"You". He replied.

Oh, c'mon! That reply is overworking my brain.

I batted my eyelashes at him.

"I never knew I was so important". I said in utter confusion.

"But-" I continued. "Don't you think you're going to be in deep trouble if Cole finds out?"

He gave a short laugh.

"Well, that's exactly what I want. You seem so confident in your little pureblood master". He said.

Wait, what?

Maybe this was the part where the evil villain starts blurting out his evil plan...

"You just have to sit here like the good little Devereaux you are till your master comes to get you". He said, patting my back.

If he meant what I was thinking he meant then... Oh no! And why do they keep calling me a Devereaux?

**
Cole's POV

I drove off as soon as my car purred to life.

Judging by the speed at which I drove, it took me less than an hour to get there.

I got down and slammed my car door.

I spotted his barely dressed assistant as I got into the house.

"Where's he?" I asked her.

"Who?" She asked.

"Who else? Lord Dexter". I hissed.

"Oh, he's not here". She said.

I was slowly losing patience and she was enjoying this conversation too much.

"I clearly asked you for where he was, not if he's here or not". I said through my teeth.

"I can't disclose personal information". She said, she took a few steps towards me, swaying her hips as she walked.

Was that meant to be seductive?

She put her hands around my neck.

"Get your hands off me". I growled in a low warning tone.

She put her hands down and rolled her eyes.

"And, you're coming with me". I said and grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with me.

Just as I had anticipated, the guards that were guarding the entrance stopped us.

"Lord Dexter's assistant can't go anywhere". One of the two guards said.

I stared at the guard whose beard had covered half his face.

'Play along, your grandmother is at my house'. I threatened her through telepathy.

Her eyes widened a little at the mention of her grandmother.

That right, I'm always two steps ahead.

"I have a meeting with him". She said, smiling seductively at him.

He blinked at first then nodded at her and stepped aside.

"Get in". I told her when we got to where my car was parked.

~
"Did you meet him?" Malcolm asked me.

"No, but I brought her with me". I said, pointing at the barely dressed lady beside me.

His mouth formed a perfect 'O' as his eyes skimmed through her exposed body.

"Let's go". I said.

I pushed open the large door. I closed the door behind us after we walked into the darkroom.

"Nana". The little try-hard seductress said and attempted to rush over to where her grandmother was sitting.

I almost laughed when her head hit the glass restricting us from getting to where the old woman was sitting.

She rubbed her forehead.

Malcolm walked over to her.

"There's a sniper somewhere around here. If you tell a single lie, he is going to blow off your lovely grandmother's head". Malcolm threatened.

'You're such a smooth liar'.I told Malcolm through telepathy.

There was no sniper in here but his threat obviously affected the poor assistant.

"W- what do you want to know?" She asked.

I clapped my hands.

"It's simple". I said. "Tell me where your master hid my pet and what exactly his plan is".

"I don't know what his plan is but I heard him talking to someone about going up to the mountains". He said.

"The mountains". I mused.

"She's staying here till Brittany is found ". I ordered Malcolm.

"Should I keep her in this room?" He asked.

"No". I said. "Take her to the dungeon".

~

"Slow down a little bit". Malcolm complained.

"You're not taking your car?" He asked after he finally caught up with me.

"Who says I'm not taking my car". I said and smiled when I saw it...

"You're taking this?" Malcolm asked in terror.

"Yup. It's still in good condition". I said, tapping on the old car... My first car.

"I can't believe you still have this with you. Why are we even taking this?". He asked.

"We're going to see an old friend. We don't want any of Dexter's minions spotting us now, do we?"

I got into the driver's side.

"Hop in". I told Malcolm who was staring at the car in disgust.

He groaned and got into the passenger side.

We tucked in our seat belts before zooming off.

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

What do you think of this chapter?

What do you think about Lord Dexter?

Till next update

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan.

Love y'all😘❤😘