Chapter 53

PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT ANNONCEMENT INCLUDED IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER:)

PLEASE DO NOT SKIP ITTTTTT!

***

"Brittany, stop!" I heard Rhea yell, making me halt my movement.

"Rhea?" I said, feeling the dark presence in me melt away slowly.

"What the hell is going on here?" She asked, looking around before her eyes finally settled on her dad.

"What is he doing here?" She questioned again.

"Well, he's actually extremely loyal to Dexter. He killed your mom as an act of returning Dexter's kind act?" Thana explained to her.

"What kind act?" Rhea asked.

"Well-" Thana started but Rhea cut her off.

"No. Let him explain". She said, glancing at her dad.

"Okay then". Thana said with a shrug.

"What do you want to hear? How Dexter saved me from the monster I thought was my wife?" Cole's dad said, earning a slap from Rhea.

"What did she mean by kind act?" Rhea growled at him.

"Calm down, I was just getting to that". He said, earning another growl from Rhea. "It's a known fact that I and Rachel were still young vampires when we got married. You could say we were drunk in love but that love ceased, it ceased the day she tried to rip me apart. The first time her pureblood side surfaced. She didn't recognize me, Rachel didn't recognize me! All she wanted to do was rip my head off my body! The person I thought was the love of my life wanted to kill me. Thankfully, Dexter saved my ass that day... I had to repay the favor but the only thing he wanted was Rachel's life as well as that of her twins, of course, I had to do it. It's a pity I only got to kill Rachel". He said.

I noticed how his eyes shone whenever he mentioned Dexter's name.

He was loyal to death. How did no one ever notice before?

"Fuck you!" Rhea yelled as she clawed at his skin.

"You're hot but you know I can't sleep with my daughter". He said.

"You disgust me!" She said.

I could tell she was shattered by what she heard, but I also didn't miss the extreme hate in her tone.

"I'll promise you one thing. I'll kill you. But I've got business to deal with now". She said.

Maybe there's no need for me to get my hands dirty anymore. I thought, smirking.

"Britt, Thana, I need to talk to you". She said, walking out.

"Brittany! You'll never be Cole's beloved! Dexter will make sure of that!" He yelled as I locked up the gates of his cell.

*

"So, what did you want to tell us?" I asked immediately we got out of the dungeon.

"The fight has started. He needs you". She said.

"What am I going to do exactly?" I asked.

"Just talk to him. Your voice can help him win". She explained.

"Okay..." I said, happy that I was finally going to see Cole again.

*
I trailed quietly behind Rhea and Thana as they led me to the isolated room where Cole had been transferred to.

"Why did they transfer him?" I asked.

"The fight can get violent". Thana said with a shrug.

"Don't worry, though. He won't hurt you". Rhea assured.