Chapter 33

Brittany's POV

***
A weight shifted beside me, making me aware of the sleeping beauty beside me. My eyes shifted to his disheveled golden hair that reached above his eyebrows, his long eyelashes-  wait, he had long eyelashes?

It made him more beautiful.

I noticed his flawless pale skin and those ever so soft and plump lips. Making me want to lean in and kiss him.

I didn't notice the smirk playing on his lips till he opened his eyes.

"Wanna kiss me huh?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I could feel the heat crawling up my cheeks. Screw this mind reading ability!

"Hmm, maybe I should read your thoughts more often". He said thoughtfully, getting up on his elbow.

"I- I huh... I umm-" I was totally speechless.

"You what?" He asked with an amused expression on his face. His tone was so seductive. He inched his face closer to mine.

"You know, you're such an amusing creature. I've had a few pets before you but you, you're different". He whispered in my ear.

He gently nibbled on my earlobe, almost earning a moan from me but my teeth and lips saved me from the embarrassing noise.

Such small actions brought out so many reactions out of me. Again, I had to decide if what was happening was actually wrong or right.
I was so indecisive... It had to stop at least until I could put a name to what was between us.

"S-sorry, excuse me". I said and rushed into the bathroom.

I leaned my head against the bathroom door. I knew I was falling for my master. It hurt to know that there was nothing I could do about it. I was just an ordinary pet so I had to forget about my feelings.

I didn't want to fall for him. Hell, I didn't even know if he felt the same way. Even if he did, obstacles were always there. The council, all the kingdoms in our region, the law, everything was against us. Things would get too complicated.

After taking in a couple of breaths to calm myself down, I rinsed my face and went back to the room.

Cole sat at the edge of the bed. He appeared to be deep in thought.

I cleared my throat.

"Umm, sorry for that". I apologized but he didn't reply.

I thought I saw some sort of emotion in his eyes but it was gone before I could put a name to it.

Standing close to the door was Larissa, looking not so vibrant. Her eyes were swirling with emotions but mostly hurt and something else I couldn't quite decipher.

"Is it because of her?" Her voice actually broke.

I thought vampires didn't have emotions but Larissa proved me wrong.

Cole was the first vampire you saw showing emotions, not Larissa.

Whatever.

Larissa looked like she was on the verge of crying but somehow, she still managed not to.

But seriously, what was happening here?

"Tell me, is it because of her?!?" Larissa yelled but she didn't get as much as a flinch from Cole.

Then I got the shock of my life! A tear drop ran down her right cheek. Another tear followed, running down her left cheek but she quickly wiped it off.

"You- do you seriously like your pet? Like are you falling in love with her?" She asked.