CHAPTER 7- Being rude doesn't fit you.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that everywhere was so silent. I opened my eyes and yawned.

I stood up and tiptoed to the only window in my 'Master's' room. The view was so beautiful.

The sun was starting to rise but my 'Master' was still fast asleep.

I sighed quietly and sat on the built-in bench.

I sat there for some time, thinking about everything that had happened the previous day. Cole- I mean 'Master' was being nice to me and I couldn't understand why .

The first impression I made was enough for him to hate me.

He was oddly calm and collected. If anyone told me that he could be that calm, I'd have taken that as a really offensive joke that was punishable by the law of the 'vampire world' Or what should I call a place where only vampires live in?

'Master' Cole, according to what I've heard, belongs to a very dangerous breed of vampires- PUREBLOOD!

I wouldn't have freaked out if I didn't know why vampires or people dreaded purebloods and I would have been less freaked out if I hadn't seen what purebloods could do.

For all I care, Cole could be pretending!

I know that I'm being pessimistic but I care about my life and my 'Master' holds my precious life in his hands. He could kill me within half a minute and he wouldn't even feel guilty for killing me, he could -

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of shuffling.

I turned my head to see my so much dreaded 'Master' removing some pieces of paper from the table.

I think he noticed that I was staring because he turned to me and smiled.

I didn't return the gesture because I was still battling with two emotions; Confusion and Surprise'

I mean, when did he wake up? How did he not make a sound when standing up? Were his footsteps so quiet that I didn't hear them? H-

"Morning Britt". He greeted, interrupting my thoughts again.

"Morning Master Cole ". I said.

His expression changed the moment I greeted him.

"Brittany, please can we drop all formalities?". He said.

"But why?". I asked.

He face palmed before replying.

"You can keep the formalities till when we get outside but when we're alone, drop the formalities ".

"But why?" I asked, repeating my previous question.

"I feel old when I'm called Master"

I wasn't convinced but I also couldn't risk getting harassed and whipped. In other words, I was really careful of what I said to him.

"You can speak to me casually when we're alone. You know, like the way you spoke to me the other day". He paused and looked into my eyes before adding . "But not as rude".

"B.. But you got angry the other day because I spoke to you casually". I said.

He smirked.

"That was casual but rude and I didn't get angry because you talked casually or rudely, I got angry because you said something about my mother".

His eyes darkened for a second before turning back to its normal color, blue.

What I really said that day clicked.

'.... You must have given your mom a tough time while raising you 'cause you obviously lack manners.....'

Shit!