Chapter 30

Can't believe I've written thirty chapters already!!!

Thanks so much for your motivation.

***

Brittany's POV

**
Not talking to Cole for weeks was really difficult.

After telling me the heart breaking news of my whole life being a lie, Cole figured out I needed some time alone which I was grateful for but I finally decided that I couldn't dwell in the past forever. It's not like I could change the past... I wanted to move on and start a new life as a nineteen year old. It's not that hard.

Who am I kidding?!?

It was going to be very difficult but I just had to.

It took days for me to believe that I was an orphan now and that the man I had grown to know for years was dead.

It was time to stop being a cry baby, I had to grow up!

I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom.

I knew how I looked even before I looked into the mirror.

I mean, you don't expect a girl who spent weeks crying all day to look good.

I hadn't had a decent bath for weeks, I only thought of brushing my teeth twice in weeks and food? I only depended on fruits when I was hungry which was not so often.

Well, all that was going to change now. Brittany Riele was a stronger person now.

I looked worse than I predicted.

My hair was a bushy mess, I had dried tear stains all over my cheeks, pale skin and dark circles around the eyes.

I stripped and turned on the shower. My once stiffened body relaxed at the feel of the cold water.

After scrubbing my body, I wrapped a towel round my body and hair then applied a little amount of toothpaste on my toothbrush.

I brushed my teeth vigorously. After that, I used some mouthwash.

Feeling satisfied, I walked into the closet.

I picked out a pair of jeans and a blue T-shirt and slid them on, putting on a pair of white converse to match.

I brushed my towel dried hair and put it up in a rough bun.

Now, where could I find Cole?

...

Yes! His office!

I stepped out of the room, determined to find Cole.

I met Chloe on my way. We were so happy to see each other again.

We chatted for some time before I set out to my original mission.

With the help of Chloe's direction, I found Cole's office.

A bulky guard was currently standing by the door, trying to intimidate me with his height and dark looks but it wasn't working anyways.

I cleared my throat.

"I'm here to see Master Cole". I said, maintaining a normal voice.

"He's not here". His equally dark voice said.

His eyes narrowed.

"You're a pet, aren't you?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Why aren't you putting on your collar?" He asked, still doing his very best to intimidate me.

"Because my Master, who happens to be Prince Cole has it". I lied.