Chapter 23- Doom.

Dedicated to PurpleDove321

Cole's POV

***

"Brittany, wake up". I said in a low whisper, shaking Brittany in an attempt to wake her up.

She groaned and almost used her right leg to hit my stomach but I artfully dodged it.

So... She doesn't like being woken up from sleep huh?

I wasn't feeling exactly happy today, if anything, I was feeling thousands of negative emotions flow through me.

Yup, that's right, it's finally time for my coming of age ceremony.

Actually, we've performed several rites  and now it was time for the transformation.

"Wake up please... I need to talk to you". I whispered.

After several attempts along with a kick which I couldn't dodge, she finally woke up.

"M-master-" She said.

Her eyes widened a little bit.

I guess she realized that she kicked me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I-" She apologized.

"It's okay, it didn't even hurt". I said.

Actually it did hurt but not really.. Things like this wouldn't hurt a bit when I go through the transformation process.

Ha, I almost forgot.

"Ummm, I want to talk to you immediately". I said.

She nodded.

"It's the day of my coming off age ceremony and-"

"What in fuck's name is a coming off age ceremony?!?" She cut me short.

"Mind your language Britt. The importance of the ceremony is to convert a mortal body to an immortal one. There are series of rites you need to perform before the transformation process". I explained.

"Does it also involve draining my blood". She asked.

I tensed up. How did she know?

"You mentioned something about draining me the day we arrived remember?" She said.

If I wasn't so tensed up right now,  I'd have asked her if she had secret mind reading powers.

"Ummm, yeah, I want to talk to you about that". I said.

She nodded.

"I've reached the transformation process and I'll soon be put to sleep. Halfway through the transformation, I'll be woken up to ummm- drink from you. I won't be my normal self when I'm awoken. I'll be brutal and rough but I'll try to resist drinking too much". I explained.

Her body was already tense and I can't really blame her.

"Trust me, if there was another option, I'd have gone for it instead of drinking from you but there's no other option than to drink from you". I explained.

She nodded.

"I understand perfectly". She said.

"Umm.... You can change into the oversized T-shirt. It's considerably longer than the dress". I said, my eyes raking through her clothes.

It's taking everything in me to keep my hands to myself. Just a little stretch and her butts will be on full show.

She nodded and walked into the bathroom with the shirt in her hands.

The shirt was actually mine but it was oversize for me too.

After a minute, Brittany came back out with her dress in her hands. The shirt was reaching her knees, below her knees actually. Her petite figure squirming under the intensity of my gaze.

I averted my gaze from her. I put her collar around her neck and led her outside.

The collar will be removed anyway so it's pointless.

We got to the entrance of the sacred hall where I had to depart from Britt.

***
Brittany's POV  

I watched Cole disappear through the door. A man of average height approached me. His nose seemed a little bit crooked. He looked like he was in his mid fifties. Definitely not a vampire.

He smiled at me and gave a small bow.

"Good day ma'am. I'm Demus". He said in an accent that I couldn't decipher.

"Good day Mr Demus". I said.

"I've been sent here to instruct you". He said. "Prince Cole is being put to sleep now. He'll be awoken in five hours, that's halfway through his transformation. As his pet, you are to sit beside the table he's been placed on till he awakens. You shouldn't make a sound once he's been awoken or he may take more blood than necessary. He'll take as much blood as he pleases and that's what determines if you'll survive it or not. No matter what just stay strong".

I nodded. Trying to be as calm as possible. This is a life-death situation. Whether I'll survive it or not depends on how much blood he takes from me.

Demus led me into the room.

Cole's body was on a table made of glass. He looked so lifeless.

Beside him was a lady. Her face wasn't visible to me but she had the same hair colour with Cole.

I sat down quietly beside him, awaiting my doom.

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

Y'all should keep your fingers crossed. Our dear Brittany's life is at stake.

Don't be so sure, she might not survive it.

Well, let's wait till next chapter. The outcome of the next chapter depends on my mood.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all😘❤😘