Chapter 27

Brittany's POV

Cole seemed tense after they came out of the other room.

I had stopped fussing over Rhea's rudeness, I was now focused on whatever she told Cole.

The ride home was silent.

Cole seemed to be deep in thought and I honestly didn't know what he was like now that he had done the ceremony.

We finally got home after what seemed like hours. I literally jumped out of the car as soon as it pulled over.

I couldn't wait to get out of the whore-ish red dress.

I impatiently waited for Cole to walk over to me and grab my leash.

He wrapped his free arm around Rhea's waist and finally grabbed my leash.

Yeah, Rhea was going to be living with us now.

I swear, I almost died while walking to the room with Cole and Rhea!

They walked so majestically, forgetting that there was a poor little girl dying to get out of her clothes for a decent.. bath.

We finally got to the room. Immediately Cole left the room with Rhea, I rushed into the bathroom, stripped and got into the shower.

After washing myself, I applied the mint scented shampoo on my hair and washed it.

After spending what seemed like more than forty minutes, I finally turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around me and then another towel around my hair.

After making sure that Cole wasn't in the room, I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the large closet.

I picked out a white T-shirt and cotton shorts.

Just as I was putting on my clothes, I heard the clink of the door being shut by someone.

I quickly threw on the T-shirt and rushed out of the closet.

Cole was already undoing the buttons of his shirt.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known, hoping he'd stop undoing his buttons but he only smiled at me and continued undoing them.

I quickly shielded my eyes.

I heard a low chuckle and then the sound of the bathroom door being closed a few minutes later.

I slowly unshielded my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief when he wasn't there anymore.

I walked to the side of the bed and sat on the floor with my hair still dripping.

I didn't know if Cole would let me sit on his bed now that he was a different person.

He came in putting on a tight fitting shirt and jean pants.

He went out and didn't come back till night. I was incredibly bored but it's not like I could do something about it.

"Britt," He called.

"Yes M-master". I said.

I could almost see him cringe at the word 'master' but he said nothing.

"Get dressed. We have to go somewhere". He ordered.

He should really stop ordering me around, it was beginning to get on my nerves.

I didn't even know what to wear.

"Casual". He simply stated like he read my mind.

Whatever he said about reading my mind wasn't true, right?

It only exists in vampire novels and movies.

I nodded and disappeared into the closet.

I picked a pair of black leggings and changed into them.

We finally got to wherever he was taking me to (He put a blindfold on my eyes earlier).

I felt the blindfold fall off my face. My eyes flung open almost immediately.

Almost as soon as they flung open, they widened.

I realized that we were in the garden.

I'd never been to this part of the garden. It had so much flowers. The sky was so clear so I could see a large amount of stars up there.

There was a table set up for two people. We walked over to the table and I picked up the bouquet I found on it.

I read the card in the bouquet of different flowers.

'Ready for your big day?'

I slowly read the card till I understood what was written on the card.

I actually forgot that tomorrow was my birthday;

I was gonna be sixteen!

But it was going to be different this time. No family or friends to celebrate with.

Normally, we always celebrated my birthday by watching movies, eating cake, ice cream and pop corn.

It wasn't something much but it meant a lot.

But Cole actually remembered.

I smiled foolishly at that thought. I couldn't help it.

"Wishing you happy birthday now won't be considered early will it?" Cole asked.

I chuckled. "Save the birthday wishes till tomorrow"

"I guess we'll save till tomorrow then". He said.

It wasn't a dinner date it was just a friendly date that didn't necessarily involve food. Only a couple of drinks and random talks

Wait, I called it a date. Well, I'll like to see it as a friendly date. Just to compensate the days of torture at the King's 'castle'

Cole seemed troubled though he was smiling.

I could sense his uneasiness.

After a couple of hours, we headed back inside.

I changed back into my comfy shorts and got into bed. Not without asking for Cole's permission.

He was in bed but he was still working on some papers.

He's always reading documents.

After studying Cole for sometime, I finally fell asleep, going straight into the world of weird dreams.

Tomorrow was my 'big day'.

***
A/N: Hey guys. I know this chapter was pretty uneventful and boring.

I'm currently having a writer's block but I still managed to write this chapter.

Yeah, I decided to update on Saturdays or Sundays.

Sometimes I may update otherwise so you can add MVL to your reading list or follow me to get notified when a new chapter is uploaded (I'm not forcing you)

That's all for now.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

Bye.

Love y'all😘❤😘