Chapter 49

Brittany's POV

"We can't leave". I declared to Samantha.

She looked at me with a look that screamed, "Seriously?!"

"I know, I know. It's just- Something came up". I said.

"Is it serious?" She asked, sighing in defeat.

"Apparently, my master came to get me. I think he's in trouble". I said.

"Wait, you're a pet?" She asked.

Okay, let's just say it skipped my mind to tell her that I was a pet.

"Yeah, sorry, I just- okay, I'm out of excuses. I'm sorry". I said.

"You'll have to do better than that, young lady. But we have to think of a way to save your master... That is if you're sure he is in danger. Are you sure he's even here?" She asked, looking at me in disbelieve.

"Yeah, there's this- he just spoke into my head and-"

"Okay, okay. I believe you". She said, even though her expression said the exact opposite.

"Do you have a plan?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"You know surrendering ourselves to them is going to make matters worse, right?" She said.

"I know. How about we find a way to open the door then we find help?"

"Well, we don't have a better option, do we?"

After spending about ten minutes trying to open the door, we finally succeeded.

But the path down there was pitch black.

"Um, we need some light here. I forgot to bring a torchlight". I said.

Luckily, we found a torchlight lying on the floor. Why was there a torch lying on the floor? Maybe we weren't the first people that have tried to escape this place. Luckily, the torch wasn't rechargeable. It needed batteries to function.

"Any luck finding the batteries?" I asked Samantha.

"Not yet". She said. "I found a box-"

She said, searching the wooden box in her hands. I waited in anticipation for feedback.

"Aaaand, it has batteries in it. Looks like someone used to live here". She said, holding up the battery. "It has a few things we could use".

People have definitely tried to escape through this place before. That means they were probably aware that this place existed. It made me wonder if those people survived or not. What happened to them?

I shoved a lighter, some stuff from an abandoned first aid kit and some extra batteries into the bag strapped on my back.

We walked down the now fairly lighted hallway.

"I honestly didn't expect this hallway to be so-" She said, searching for the right word to fit in the sentence.

"Dusty?" I suggested.

"Yeah". She said.

The hallway definitely didn't exceed my expectations. I expected more, considering how exotic the large room was.

"Definitely not what I expected". Samantha said as if reading my mind.

"Get out of my mind!" I said.

We both chuckled. After a long walk, we came by another door.

As soon as we stepped outside the door, we were graced with the smell of... trees?

And then I realized... We were outside! We were finally outside!!