Chapter 50

Thana's POV

"Looks like it's two against one". Dexter said.

I have waited for this moment for so long. I wanted him to pay for everything he did to me. I wanted him to feel the pain he made me feel.

I clenched my fist and was about to give a smart ass reply when another voice butted in.

"That'll make it three". The voice said.
I flipped my head in the direction of the very familiar voice.

I found myself sighing in relief when I saw the guy that betrayed me... Fifty years ago. The person I was so in love with.

"I see, you managed to escape my men". Dexter said.

But there was something about the way he looked, he wasn't surprised that Cole had escaped. He looked... Pleased.

Like things were going according to plan.

Shit! I should have known! Of course, Dexter was a very cunning vampire. We weren't going defeat him easily. He had planned this for years.

I noticed the way his eyes roamed the room... Calculating. He was getting very close to achieving his goal, I could see how satisfied he looked.

I had to figure out what his actual plan was and I needed to do it real fast.

''You're not attacking".

Cole said in my head.

I noticed they were all waiting for me to make a move.

I needed to buy myself time to figure out Dexter's plan.

"How about we put all our weapons down and engage in hand-to-hand combat?" I suggested.

Dexter smirked. Arrogance oozing out of him. 

Now it was my turn to smirk.

You see, there was something about me... I never showed anyone my full potential. Dexter knew I was very good with weapons but he didn't know how good I was at fighting. But he assumed I sucked at it because each time I fought in his presence, I always messed up. I always messed up because of the vile words he would throw at me each time I would try to engage in combat so he would at least tell me that he was proud of me. I used to be so desperate for his love.

Before I knew Dexter wasn't my real father, we weren't exactly close, we were the exact opposite. He always pressured me to be perfect in everything.  I managed to be the perfect daughter at other things, just like he wanted me to. But I was never good enough for him. I just couldn't deal with his bullshit during the combat classes I was forced to take because he was always there, tellng me to fight this way and not that way. It always got my head messed up. He gave up on trying to teach me how to fight after he saw that I wasn't making any progress. He didn't just give up on me, he made sure I felt terribly bad about the fact that I could not fight. He didn't care to ask for the reason behind my weakness when it came to combat. I made up my mind to learn how to fight. I did it! I learnt how to fight and he had no clue. I didn't want him to know anyway. He was just going to say vile things that would discourage me and dampen my spirit.

Cole attacked first. Throwing fatal punches at Dexter's stomach. The force of Cole's punch was clearly effective but not effective enough to bring Dexter down.

"Punches won't work for him.".

I told Malcolm and Cole in their heads.

They understood what I meant, we had to unleash the beasts in us.

But I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a very good idea. I'd seen Dexter's beast unleash. Trust me when I say things always get bloody when his beast is unleashed. That thing could not be tamed.