Chapter 36

"I heard that". A deep voice said, making us freeze.

A tall handsome figure emerged from the direction of the voice.

"You're Cole's pet, right?" He asked.

I nodded.

"So- you know who I am?" He questioned again.

I shook my head.

"He seriously didn't tell you about me?" He asked, feigning hurt.

What's with all the questions?

"I'm Malcolm, your master's assistant". He said.

Cole has an assistant? What else do I not know about?

"I guess he never spoke about me". He said. "Why am I the only one doing all he talking? I'm not gonna kill you guys... I came here because I was bored".

One of the things I've learned during my stay here's that not all vampires want dominance. Some of them are just like teenagers. A few vampires like Cole whose pureblood loves dominance, Rhea and Malcolm. They're the nicest vampires I've met so far.

"Introduce yourselves". Malcolm said.

"I'm Chloe". Chloe said.

"Nice to meet you, Chloe". He said, flashing her a toothy grin.

After the introductions, we went back to our topic of discussion.

"You don't like Larissa?" Malcolm asked.

"Yeah". I replied, noticing that the other pets were still intimidated by him.

To me, he's like a vampire who thinks ordering pets around is boring just like Cole... That explains why I didn't feel intimidate by him.

"You see, she isn't really a 'major bitch' she's just really stressed by everything". He said, air quoting 'major bitch'.

"What do you mean?" Sonia asked, speaking for the first time since she introduced herself.

"She has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders and her parents aren't helping. I know she can be bitchy sometimes but it isn't entirely her fault". He explained. "You see-"

"Lord Malcolm". A voice interrupted.

Malcolm turned in the direction of the voice.

"Yes?"

"All pets have been called to assemble at the main hall". The slave said.

"Okay, they'll be there in a few minutes".

The slave bowed and left.

"I guess you have to get going. It was nice meeting you guys". He said and left.

"He seems kinda nice". Chloe said.

"Were you guys tongue tied or what?" I asked.

"A pet does not speak unless spoken to". Sonia said.

"But it was an open conversation. Besides, not all masters like it when their pets speak unless spoken to".

"We'd better get going". Kyle said, attaching his collar to his neck. Others did the same thing before we finally left.

Everywhere was eerily silent as pets quietly filed into the large hall. I stood between Sonia and Chloe while Kyle joined Andrew on the other queue.

I waved at Andrew but he just averted his eyes away from me, leaving a teeny bit of anger and confusion in me.

After all the pets arrived, a black haired female vampire mounted the stage.

She looked around for a while before she began her speech.

"Pets are to be served their normal  ration from today. There's a special announcement. Prince Nicholas will be getting married to Larissa, Daughter of Lord Marcus Woods and his beloved, Valeria Woods".

Everyone applauded, including me. Though I wasn't happy with it.

She continued after the applauds stopped.

"Preparations for the wedding are to start today. All the Royal pets will be supplied with the clothes they'll be wearing during the ceremony. All royal pets are required to go to the third floor where they'll be taken care of till after the wedding. Regular pets will be given clothes to wear daily till after the wedding. Pets owned by lords will be given two pairs of clothing to wear daily. Obey all rules and regulations to avoid being punished. You may leave the hall". She said and dismounted the stage as the pets filed out of the hall.

I hurriedly went to Cole's room so I could tell him goodbye. Things definitely not going to be the same.

When I got into the room, Cole, Rhea and Malcolm were already there.

"Britt, come over". Cole said.

I walked over to where they sat and took my seat beside Cole.

"You've heard about the wedding, right?" Cole asked.

I nodded.

"I'm not getting married willingly. I have to get married to Larissa or a lot of kingdoms will be put in danger".

"I understand". I said.

"Larissa's not as mean as you think she-"

"Lord Malcolm has explained all that". I said, cutting him short.

"Just call me Malcolm".

"Okay". I said. "All Royal pets will be taken away to the third floor to be taken care of so I have to leave".

"I know about that but that doesn't mean you can't come here". He said.

"Brittany, we have a plan". Malcolm said.

"What plan?" I asked.

"You'll know soon enough". Rhea said with a smirk. "Oh, Lucas will be here in a few minutes. I'll help you with packing". She said.

"Thanks". I said.

We put all my clothes and other necessary stuff in a small bag. Lucas arrived a few minutes later.

"Wait". Cole said as I was about to leave the room with Lucas.

"Huh?"

Cole shook his head.

"Stay safe". He whispered in my ear in a way that sent chills down my spine.

I nodded.

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

So sorry for the late update. I had to do some editing.

Yes, I know it's short but this was all I could come up with.

Hope you liked this chapter.

Guys, please check out my other story, 'The Diary'. You won't regret it.

I'm giving a shoutout to the first seven people that'll vote on this chapter.

~
I hope this pandemic ends soon cause I miss school😭

-Just sharing my thoughts

~

Till next update!

Remember, stay safe.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all😘❤😘

P.S: OMG!!! Guys, MVL just hit 15K reads! I love you guys to pieces!