Chapter 17- Now you have to learn the rules

Cole's POV

'I'll forget about the kiss and just approach her normally' . I thought.

It's been five days since the kiss and I haven't talked to Brittany.

I had to talk to her because we'll be going to see my father in two days and she had to put on the best behavior as a pet.

I stared at the pile of clothes on the couch in my office.

She had to pick one out of them. The clothes were probably going to be too small and tight for her but I couldn't let dad know I cared for her. He would just find ways to take her away.

She had five choices of clothing to choose from. All the clothes showed little or no dignity whatsoever, but one was better than the other.

I felt really bad that she had to wear one of these clothes.

I picked up the clothes and walked to my room.

***

Brittany's POV

I stared at the clothes that Cole brought for me. I had to choose one of these shabby looking clothes.

I almost forgot about our upcoming visit to Cole's dad.

I looked at the clothes one last time before choosing a red dress that reached just under my butts with two tiny straps. That was the only dress that had little modesty in it. The rest of the clothes were mostly see-through.

I chose a plain black collar with red rose designs on it to go with my red dress.

I felt like a complete whore wearing the dress.

Cole didn't look happy about it either but there was lust in his eyes when he looked at me in my tiny dress.

I mean, it's not his fault.

He gave me an accessory to wear on my ankle.

"Thank you". I said.

He nodded.

"Now you have to learn the rules". He said.

"You shouldn't talk to anyone even if they're talking about you. You should only speak when you are asked a question". He said.

I nodded.

"Also, always look down. Don't look up except you are told to". He said.

"When my dad asks you questions, keep your tone as soft as possible 'cause he'll ask some questions to get a reaction out of you. No matter how annoying his questions may be, you have to show him respect or you don't know what your punishment may be".

He continued to tell me the do's and dont's for like thirty minutes before walking to the couch.

I walked to the window, staring at the bright blue sky and letting the awkward silence consume me.

The feel of his hand on my skin made me jerk back to reality.

"We need to talk". He said.

"You've told me all I need to know and I understand everything perfectly, master". I said, bowing my head in respect.

"Not about that, it's about what happened some days ago".

Oh, that's right, the kiss.

I nodded slowly.

"I know everything got awkward after the kiss. I don't like the awkwardness between us, I can't stand it anymore. Let's just act like it never happened. Can you do that?"

That was all I'd been trying to do for the past few days. Forget about the kiss and act like nothing happened. But a kiss like that was hard to forget, not when the thought of our lips moving in sync kept creeping into my mind.

I nodded slowly.

"You sure?". He asked. His intimidating blue eyes staring directly into mine.

No!

I wanted to scream, but I found myself nodding instead. But deep within, I knew I wasn't going to be able to act like nothing happened. My cheeks were going keep heating up everytime I thought of it but I assured him anyways.

"Good. So what do you say we go downstairs to have dinner today?" He asked with a huge smile spread across his face.

Sounds amazing. I thought sarcastically. I hated going to the dining room to have dinner.

I was getting bored of staying in the room all day so my traitorous subconscious made me say "Okay".

'You love referring to me like you'd refer to a normal human, don't you?' My subconscious said sarcastically.

'Let's just say you've grown on me. Now shut the hell up'. I replied inside my head.

He smiled.

"I'm gonna take you somewhere after we come back from my dad's place. So get ready".

Okay, that got me curious.

"Wait, a minute, I got something for you. It'll make your life a little less boring". He said.

I knew my life was a boring mess but you couldn't really blame me for that, right?

He brought out a novel and a medium sized note and handed it over to me.

"Ehmm, I'll buy new novels for you when you're done with the old ones. You can use the note to jot down new words or something. Whatever you wanna use it for". He said before checking his wristwatch. "Sorry, gotta go. I have some documents to attend to". He said and left.

I loved reading novels and I could use the note as a songbook.

Finally. A book to replace the songbook I had back at home.

Perfect.

***
A/N: Hey guys😊

I'm sorry for the late update.

Pardon my errors, I'm not thinking straight right now... I just wanted to update for you guys 'cause I felt like I've delayed you guys enough.

Please vote and comment.

Till next update.

Love y'all😘💗😘