62| Wake Up

Was this paradise?

Or hell?

As Jungkook followed the man down the hall, he felt like he was in some kind of trance. The heavy music made the floor vibrate, his legs shaking as he tried to keep up with Seung Cheol, who led him deeper and deeper into the bar. The corridors looked like an endless maze, and even if the alcohol in his blood was beginning to blur his view, Jungkook could still see how big this place actually was.

A chill ran down his spine, it felt like he could feel every single muscle in his body. The doctor noticed every little detail of his surroundings, be it the smell of cigarettes and sex, the moaning of strangers behind the many closed doors or the sight of pretty, young women walking past them in tight dresses, giving Jungkook seductive looks and mischievous smiles. The red light added to the dark atmosphere and the man found it difficult to keep his eyes open. He tried not to meet the eyes of those who were leaning against the walls and watching him closely. A girl with long black hair let out a cloud of smoke as they passed her. Jungkook didn't know what exactly she was smoking, but the brief contact made his head spin. He could still smell her perfume several meters away, his senses overwhelmed.

However, he soon noticed voices and laughter, which must have meant that they were getting closer and closer to their destination. They continued to walk for while, and Jungkook wondered if they would ever stop. He was getting tired and feared that he would lose consciousness soon- no, he had to stay awake. He'd never show his vulnerable side here, especially if Hoseok was around. He couldn't afford to let his guard down.

Jungkook didn't trust him at all.

"We're here."

Seung Cheol pushed aside a red curtain and signaled for him to enter the room. Jungkook breathed heavily, stepping forward. It was still very dark, the few neon lights only making parts of the area visible. The first thing catching his attention was a young girl dancing around a pole in the middle of the room. He was mesmerized, staring at how smoothly she moved her slim body to the beat of the slow music, wearing nothing but expensive lingerie. A few people walked around, enjoying themselves and engaging in various conversations. In the back, there was a large sitting area.

Jungkook immediately recognized him.

He was surrounded by his friends, the woman who he had entered the bar with getting comfortable on his lap and watching the pole dancer. Hoseok talked to another man, casually sipping on a glass of sparkling wine. He looked like a king sitting on his throne, and Jungkook wondered whether the rapper tried to look this powerful on purpose. He slowly began to understand why Jimin must've been attracted to him in the past.

Finally, Hoseok met his eyes. The older's gaze was intense, and Jungkook almost turned around to go back to the others. But Seung Cheol appeared and gently pushed him towards them, giving him an encouraging nod. "I'm sure you haven't seen you friends in a long time. You should go greet them."

He then handed him another drink. Jungkook smiled awkwardly before approaching Hoseok. The other smirked before pushing the woman off his lap, standing up and welcoming him with open arms.

"Jeon Jungkook!" He said loudly, grinning cheekily, "What a wonderful surprise."

He hugged him, and Jungkook forced himself to not push Hoseok away, the exaggerated friendliness making him feel sick. Instead, he put on a fake smile and took a seat right next to him after the rapper had finally let go of him. The woman eyed him curiously, clinging to Hoseok once more.

"I'm sorry for not inviting your two friends over, but you know how it is- people are getting too comfortable. This is a VIP area, right? The average citizen has no business here. I'm surprised you even took them to this bar," Hoseok immediately started talking, and Jungkook tightened his grip around his drink. He hated how the rapper openly disrespected Jaewon and Jisoo. He had no idea if Hoseok was just being his usual self or actually trying to hit a nerve, but it worked- Jungkook was getting furious.