40| Don't Forget About Me

Blackpink's comeback and 'Stay Gold' in one day? Hell yeah!

---

Saturday

"So, what are you guys doing tomorrow?" Jisoo asked while sorting different patient registration forms. Jungkook leaned against the counter, eyes following every movement she made as he finally had the chance to take a break before his next appointment.

"Seohyun wants us to have dinner at home. Nothing special."

"You sound disappointed."

"Because I am," the doctor sighed, playing around with the paperclip in his hand, "I was looking forward to it. Anniversaries are special, right? And having dinner at home isn't special."

"Well, for her it definitely is."

Jungkook tried to understand why Seohyun didn't like the idea of doing something extravagant, he really did. They weren't having the greatest relationship, and their marriage was far from perfect, but celebrating it in a fun way could've helped them to get closer. He already knew that he wouldn't be able to enjoy himself tomorrow, and if Seohyun noticed, she'd most likely get offended and start another argument. And Jungkook obviously didn't want to have a fight with her. Not on their own anniversary.

"Jaewon already told me that you guys were struggling this year. Going completely over the top would seem pretentious."

"Pretentious?"

"Yeah, as if you're trying to make everything look perfect when it actually isn't," Jisoo murmured, not paying attention to the conversation anymore as she rummaged in a drawer to search for a specific file.

"Trust me, that's Seohyun's job."

"Mhm."

"She always acts like everything's fine and then expects me to understand her sudden outbursts."

"Oh?"

"She always gets upset with me. We had a huge fight this morning."

"Why?"

"Like I said, she always gets upset with me."

"Huh?"

"Yah, are you even listening to me?!"

"Found it!" Jisoo pulled out a blue folder and handed it to him, smiling happily, "God, I almost thought I lost Mr. Yang's documents. Can you please give them to Jaewon?"

"So you weren't listening."

"What? I was!"

"Whatever," Jungkook scoffed and took the folder, a pout on his face.

"Sorry, but Mr. Yang is very important. He has a surgery in three weeks, and you know his hysterical wife. Yesterday, she yelled at me through the phone when I told her that I couldn't find the document of his former doctor on my computer! She insisted that he had already sent it to me and then blamed the hospital! Ugh, I really don't want to deal with her," Jisoo explained, shivering at the thought of hearing the woman's shrill voice again.

"Can't Dahyun do it? I'm pretty sure that Jaewon's still upset with me."

"He's upset with you every day. Come on, don't be a crybaby and just give him the folder," she sighed and rolled her eyes, "Also, why do you guys always talk to me when I'm working. Can't you see I'm busy?"

"Because our breaks don't match up."

"Well, why not talk after work? You don't hang out with us anymore. It's like you only have time for these celebrities. Are they your new best friends, Jeon?"