29| The Comfort You Give Me

"Finally, I've been waiting for hours now!"

The actor rolled his eyes at Bogum's dramatic greeting and took a seat on the other side of the table.

"We've texted only an hour ago."

"So what? It didn't feel that way."

Taehyung sighed and leaned back, squeezing his eyes as he looked into the sun. The weather was nice and quite the opposite of his current emotions, but at least he was able to go outside for a while.

"I'm not in the mood for this, you idiot."

"Woah, seems like someone had a tough morning," Bogum scoffed and stared at him in annoyance, "Just spit it out. What happened?"

"Too many things," he murmured and looked around his friend's garden, enjoying the sight of flowers and trees surrounding them. It was peaceful, and you could hear the water rippling out of a fountain nearby.

"I love this place. It's so pretty and calm."

"Yes, and too big. Seriously, you won't believe how many times I got lost in here as a child."

"I can imagine."

They both chuckled, but Taehyung soon started to frown again. He really didn't feel well, and this time, it wasn't just because of a hangover.

"Joy knows about my affair with Jihoon," he admitted and watched the butler bring them their tea, "I don't really care about her feelings, but she's annoying and won't leave me alone. The same goes for Jihoon."

"They do realize that you're seeing more people, right?" Bogum asked as he played with a tennis ball in his hand, throwing it up and then catching it again.

"It doesn't matter how many times I tell them, they keep fighting each other and think that I'd choose a side if they try hard enough. It's getting ridiculous."

"Guess they'll wait for a loooong time then."

Taehyung nodded, however, he didn't feel like smiling. He never thought that the two idols would mean so much trouble and regretted meeting them. Their intimate moments were incredible, he couldn't deny that, but the actor didn't think it was worth this drama.

"What am I supposed to do now? Ignoring them is nearly impossible.."

Bogum chuckled and fell silent before throwing the ball at him, startling Taehyung as he quickly catched it.

"What the fuck, you could've hit my face-"

"The Taehyung I know would never worry about a stupid affair and just enjoy his life," he said and stood up, "Wasn't this supposed to be a game? Lean back and watch them fool themselves, it's probably funny as hell."

Taehyung snorted and threw the ball back at him.

"And what if they kill each other?"

"Do you truly care? You're not even interested in dating them," the older argued as he catched it easily, "Don't let Joy or Jihoon ruin your day, Tae. Wait a little, I'm sure they'll get over you after a while. And if not, well, then that's their problem, not yours."

Bogum spoke the truth: Taehyung has never been involved with former sex partners for so long, and therefore didn't have to face any hardships with them. But this time, it was different. He gave the idols too much attention and false hope, making everything get out of hand. He needed to put an end to this.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but.. you may be right. I just need to meet new people who actually understand the meaning of one-night stands."