Author's Note

Okay, let's talk about Jikook.

You guys probably noticed that I always read your comments, and while doing so, I realized that you all have different opinions. There have been discussions about the characters' behavior, and I really respect that you guys never insult each other and try to understand other perspectives (even if they completely disagree with your own). That's admirable.

When I first started writing this story, I already figured that it could be controversial. You guys all have morals, and while some hold on to them, others decide to ignore them for Jikook. Also, many readers are confused and don't know what to think about the characters' behavior. I understand both sides and personally don't pick favorites. Please, don't ever think you have to apologize for your thoughts/ attitudes! I'm referring to EVERY side, whether you support Seohyun, Jikook or none of them. This is a fanfiction, you guys are all individuals and are allowed to decided how to handle the storyline.

Yes, it's a Jikook fanfic. I didn't forget that and don't intend to change it. A lot of you seemed to worry because of how I portrayed each character.

People commented that they like Jimin's strong and confident personality. Others think he's toxic and messed up because of his past relationships. I agree with all of them: there's a reason why I decided to portray him like that. A lot of people are upset because of him and how he treats Jungkook/ Jungkook's marriage. Sometimes, even I am. But at the same time, I enjoy writing about his character. There are a lot of fanfics in which Jimin portrays the perfect, innocent, weak and lovely guy, who only has good intentions and never messes up.

I DON'T criticize these stories. In fact, I enjoy reading them and will probably write one myself. But sometimes, I get upset with that "weak" Jimin. He'd act completely oblivious and maybe even a little stupid. It's a fanfic, I get that, but you can still get angry with the character's behavior and forget that it's all just made up and not the REAL person. Just like in this story.

I feel like a lot of people expect Jimin or Jungkook to be extremely likeable- just because it's a Jikook fanfic. I did too. But when I started reading BTS stories like "Jewel of Busan" or "Lostland" on Ao3, it really inspired me (they aren't Jikook fanfics btw, but really well-known among Armys who read fanfics and also very controversial). The characters were toxic and so messed up, it disgusted me. But I still fell in love with them. To be honest, I myself like these stories even more than the fluff ones. That however is my own taste.

I'm going to write more fanfics. Not only Jikook, but for instance, my next book will be about them too. That story will be the complete opposite of He's Mine. And I'll try to experiment with the characters' personalities. But for my first book, I decided to write Jikook and Co. in this way.

It's a Jikook fanfic, even if it's not all fluff and love. Seohyun's very important, too. She's not supposed to be the "good one" anymore. I tried to show that in my last chapters and will continue doing so ( talking about character development, muhahhaa)

Ugh, yes character development. I said that before, and I'll say it again: some will have them, others won't. I have a few ideas in mind.

If you get upset with Jikook's behavior in this story and can't continue reading it, don't apologize! I'm grateful that you've even noticed me!! Everyone has a different taste. If you're more into fluff/ cuteness, then that's okay. Please just understand that every author has a different writing style. I noticed how other stories got criticized because of how they portrayed characters ( not even critic, it was literally hate). And after seeing how worried some of you guys got because of Jikook, I had the urge to talk about it.

I really appreciate this audience. It's my first story, and you guys showed nothing but support and love. If you're uncomfortable or have some aspects that bother you, feel free to comment!! Really, even if you're upset with me. I'm open to criticism, it can actually be really helpful. Please don't feel like you need to apologize for it.

I love how there are so many individual opinions and truly hope my future stories will be like that too.

Thanks for reading, I hope I didn't offend anyone! I just wanted to share my opinion, too :D

Love you so much! See you in the next chapter ;)